:: traded my 3 for a speed6!! ::

hey u guys..

just traded my 06 - 3gt for a 06 speed6gt

woooo hooo

although i Only really wish it had Auto lights.. i Love that about my 3

can i upgrade??

the power increase is great.. mainly got it for the AWD -- i live in the NorthEast.. & the snow sukks in the winter... + i work for the power company.. so i need something more reliable in the snow then Just a fwd car.. heh

---

my 3 was dropped on eibachs, had mazdaspeed intake/exhaust/sway bars.....& tinted...bluetooth + sirius

===

so prob w/ it the next couple weeks .. the bluetooth, sirius, tint will be installed....

Then im also going to toss in a Automatic headlight kit..
i hate having to turn on my headlights if a lil sensor will do it for me.. heh

What I do is just use my headlights as DRL's since HID is da s*** anyways! :D They turn off automatically, and all i have to do is adjust the dimmer switch according to time of day.

What I do is just use my headlights as DRL's since HID is da s*** anyways! :D They turn off automatically, and all i have to do is adjust the dimmer switch according to time of day.

I was thinking about doing this, but will it lead to the bulbs burning out faster, or put any extra stress on the lighting system? I know HIDs are a little more sensitive and don't like being turned on and off quickly. If there's no real problem, I'll probably just leave mine on all the time too.

I'm at 42k and have been in the habit of this for probably 25-30k. No problems whatsoever so far. And they don't go on then off too fast because they remain on for about a minute after I turn off the car anyways. I could be wrong, but my theory is they act like florescent bulbs with ballasts and stuff, being more efficient and having a longer life than incandescent/halogen bulbs. Besides, if they croak, I'll upgrade. :D

I was thinking about doing this, but will it lead to the bulbs burning out faster, or put any extra stress on the lighting system? I know HIDs are a little more sensitive and don't like being turned on and off quickly. If there's no real problem, I'll probably just leave mine on all the time too.

===========

what do u mean they turn off automatically...
my speed6 they stay on...
if i have the headlights on.. & turn off the car.. the lights stay on...

is there something im missing here?

they have what mazda call delayed off headlight's, just leave them on and they go off after a minute or so. Also I love the fact that you can send the window's down with the remote, and one touch power down and up windows.

they have what mazda call delayed off headlight's, just leave them on and they go off after a minute or so. Also I love the fact that you can send the window's down with the remote, and one touch power down and up windows.

Send the windows down with the remote? Is this only with the smart key thing???? AM I MISSING SOMETHING HERE????

Send the windows down with the remote? Is this only with the smart key thing???? AM I MISSING SOMETHING HERE????

your missing something here buddy. lol, when the car is locked press the remote once to unlock the drivers door, then press and hold the remote again and all the windows will open. now if you want to close the windows just put the key in the door lock and turn to the left (i think) like you were locking the door and hold the key there for a sec or two and the glass will close.

Last edited:
your missing something here buddy. lol, when the car is locked press the remote once to unlock the drivers door, then press and hold the remote again and all the windows will open. now if you want to close the windows just put the key in the door lock and turn to the left (i think) like you were locking the door and hold the key there for a sec or two and the glass will close.

...ohhh.. word...

thas cool -- see that.. i learn some great things on this forum...

Back