Toyota Master Tech Recommends CX-5 Turbo!

GTXT23

LightFoot
The car care nut was a Toyota Master Tech and has rebuilt countless engines ..by the book ,
and I stumbled across this because he normally is discussing Yodas or Lexus- Well it seems
that the engine and transmission technology have him bitten by the Mazda bug , and he explains
in great detail the mechanical wonders of the CX5T and what makes it a great car .
Not suited for those who are bored by discussions on internal part technology's.

Actually, he's done quite a few Mazda videos (though I had not seen this one).

Question for those with late model CX-5's: He says the touchscreen does not work for CarPlay/AA, but my CX-50 DOES allow touch for CP/AA (though you have to enable it in the settings). Did he get this wrong?

Question for those with late model CX-5's: He says the touchscreen does not work for CarPlay/AA, but my CX-50 DOES allow touch for CP/AA (though you have to enable it in the settings). Did he get this wrong?
I thought I saw somewhere recently that touchscreen functionality for Carplay and AA was new for the '24 CX-5. The CX-50 has always had this.

Probably, he meant to say that the touchscreen does not work during motion. I am assuming that the screen is capable of being a touchscreen only during idling.

Probably, he meant to say that the touchscreen does not work during motion. I am assuming that the screen is capable of being a touchscreen only during idling.
Well, I was talking about when moving too.

I thought I saw somewhere recently that touchscreen functionality for Carplay and AA was new for the '24 CX-5. The CX-50 has always had this.
Ahh, OK then, he was correct at the time. :) Thanks

I had a -201 gtf and now got a 23 signature and both android auto and Apple CarPlay play seamlessly. I use the touch style because I’ve never been a fan of fingerprints all over the screen/touchscreen. I have aunt running a Mazda, CX 50 with touchscreen when the car is driving in both Apple CarPlay and android are working just fine but she has a boatload of fingerprints on the screen. there was some talk about android auto not being certified and Mazda in time it wouldn’t surprise me if Mazda comes up with a software update to allow, android auto.

aunt running a Mazda, CX 50 with touchscreen when the car is driving in both Apple CarPlay and android are working just fine but she has a boatload of fingerprints on the screen.
I got a glass screen protector w/oleophobic coating for mine. The fingerprints are far less visible.

I have a 2020 CX-5 (new to the forum) with firmware 74.00.311 NA N (I'm in the US) and one of the biggest complaints I have is that the touchscreen disables during motion. My understanding is there was a toggle through a secret menu system at one time to turn that feature off, but that menu was disabled in a more recent update. I can't find a setting anywhere to enable touchscreen while driving. I understand there is a "tweak kit" available to do it, but haven't been that desperate. I travel a lot and as I rent countless Toyotas and Audis I get frustrated as its so nice to be able to just touch the screen rather than manipulate the center knob to try and select what you want. If anyone has a solution let me know! I'd also love it if I had wireless Apple CarPlay - I understand that's available in newer models?

You can't even reach the screen without getting an ab workout, and it was intentionally set up that way. It would be quite distracting reaching for it while driving.

Also, welcome 🖐️

Back