Touring vs. Grand Touring Audio

I'm currently planning on buying a CX-5 and need to decide between Touring and Grand Touring.

I've never been happy with any stock stereo, and typically am very disappointed in the premium upgrades.

My wife has a Mazda3 with the Bose upgrade and I really don't care for the sound, so I'm guessing I won't want the Bose in the CX-5.

Unfortunately you can't get leather or the moon roof in the Touring model, but you can't get the Grand Touring model without the Bose upgrade.

My current plan is to rip out the speakers / amp and replace with aftermarket components no matter which model.

I hate paying for an upgraded audio system that I'm going to rip out, but I also would like leather / moon roof.

Often times with Bose upgrades it makes it more difficult to replace the speakers / amps.

Does anyone have an opinion on if its easier to replace the speakers / amps on the Touring vs. Grand Touring models?

I have the Touring model and the stock system is not that bad. Like anything else, if you toss $1K into a aftermarket system it will be worlds better. So far I have not messed with the stock system though. Realistically due to the back up camera any upgrade will mean that the stock head unit stays. Amp, sub and speakers can be upgraded/added.

I have the GT model and the Bose system is pretty nice to me. I listen to a lot of music with heavy bass, and IMO the Bose system in the CX-5 has one of the smoothest sounding bases for a system without a sub.

Back