touring steering wheel on sport?

Awesome, all I care about is the stereo controls.

So I need:
Steering wheel with airbag and I'm good.

Does the sport model already have the connection for the touring horn and it's just not being used? Or will I have to modify something?

Short answer: No. You need the Touring wheel and airbag for it to work.

Long answer: If you get the Touring wheel, there's a second set of wires that comes off from the wiring harness that you plug into the normal place for the steering wheel controls - that's for the horn. The airbag module for the Touring model has a wiring harness that comes off the back that plugs into the 2-pin harness coming from the wheel for the horn. On the Sport, the horn just plugs into the wiring harness in the steering column. If you get the Touring wheel and airbag, you won't have to modify anything. There's really no way to get by using the Sport airbag with the Touring wheel, because the plastic shroud over the airbag physically prevents you from depressing the horn, so even if you could modify the wiring, you couldn't press it.

Note: You can get a used touring wheel/airbag from *any* Touring model 2 dating back to 2011 (if you're buying in the U.S.), or, if you're buying abroad, you can use any model with the correct controls dating back to 2007. For example, I bought my touring wheel from a 2009 U.K. Sport model which has the same controls we get on our Tourings. I bought the Touring airbag from within the U.S. and it hooks up fine.

Last edited:
So as long as I don't want the cruise control, a touring wheel with the airbag is plug and play?

Yep, 100% plug and play. And, if you can get a dealership to reflash the ECU (if that trick indeed works), then you can get the cruise control at a later time, if you want.

Back