Totaled P5

tweakingmsp

:
2003.5 MazdaSPEED Protege
I came across this today, I don't know who's it is. I saw the guy driving it about a month ago. I put a Mazdas24/7 card on his car awhile back, but I don't know if he ever got on here. This is in Clarion, Pennsylvania. Sorry for the cell phone pics.
1212091653.jpg

1212091653a.jpg

1212091653b.jpg

1212091654.jpg

1212091654a.jpg

^+1

i just realized the front facia is sitting between the hood and what used to be the windshield. doesnt look ALL that messed up for the rest of the car to look like that

dibs on everything (boom02)

pray for the person/people involved.

Last edited:
it doesn't look like either of them went off. a miracle if they walked away from that.

^+1

i just realized the front facia is sitting between the hood and what used to be the windshield. doesnt look ALL that messed up for the rest of the car to look like that

The front fascia fell off during the accident and they just threw it on top after towing the car to wherever it is now.

It's definitely a rollover, and it does look like the car took a pretty long fall (i.e. "driving off a cliff").

It's hard to say from the damage what happened to the drivers. I've seen wrecks much, much worse than this where people have walked away, and I've also seen wrecks with not all that much damage where people didn't make it.

From the damage on the driver's side right in front of the A pillar, it looks like the car fell onto a tree, pole, or other "tall cylinder" shaped object. As in, the car fell off a hill or small cliff, rotated, and hit the tree/pole/whatever while upside-down.

Ditto on the damage at the rear. Maybe the car fell on 2 parallel trees a few feet apart. That would also explain the front airbags not deploying.

I hope the driver and any passengers are OK. But it definitely doesn't look good, at least for the driver.

If I had to guess I'd say a tree fell on it. It's not scratched or dinged bad on the other sides and roof, heck the roof rack's still on it, so I doubt it rolled. There doesn't seem to be blood on the interior, at least not so much that it's visible. And mainly, there's no signs of extraction. If there was someone in it, you'd expect the driver's door to be off, but it looks untouched, and/or the roof to be gone, but it's intact.

ouch! One of my friends had their BMW totaled like that. But it was from a big delivery truck backing into the car and pushing the 530i into another parked vehicle.

Last edited:
If I had to guess I'd say a tree fell on it. It's not scratched or dinged bad on the other sides and roof, heck the roof rack's still on it, so I doubt it rolled. There doesn't seem to be blood on the interior, at least not so much that it's visible. And mainly, there's no signs of extraction. If there was someone in it, you'd expect the driver's door to be off, but it looks untouched, and/or the roof to be gone, but it's intact.

That's kinda what this looks like now that you mention that. In person though, it does sorta look like the door was pried open. This P5 wasn't sitting there until after all the black ice we had around here. It's hard to tell what happened.

Back