Top whp or hp numbers on stock block for a long period of time

MSPSILVER24

Banned
:
2003.5 MAZDASPEED PROTEGE SILVER
I run in the redline time attack and i am trying to make a comfortable whp number that will last but without doing a new lsd, new rods, new pistons, new rings, new head gasket, new head bolts, and others. I make 220 whp right now at 9psi but i am looking to go into the 240-260 range. It can be on the low side. Any ideas would be great. I want at least 240 whp is that safe? Thanks.

I have lots of supporting mods:
Ss turbo mani
626 intake mani
injen cai
ion fmic (custom routing better flow)
ion 3" dp with perrin 3" catless exhaust
weapon r engine damper
boost/vac gauge
awr full radiator w/12" thin fans

i have but not installed:
Ss afc v1
440cc
walboro fuel pump
halman pro mbc

top whp numbers

yes stock turbo and without a tune and it keeps a pretty good a/f ratio.

Last edited:
when did ion make a 3" downpipe?

the stock block record is 277whp by 505zoom. that was before he got his intake manifold mounted, but he didnt redyno it at high psi levels. if you tried to break that, i guarantee you either blow your engine or get beaten again in a week. he could probably push 300 if he wanted to

top whp numbers

Ya that would be great 277 whp but how realiable is that long term? how long has he been driving the car at that number? yes Ion made a 3" awhile back.

top whp numbers

I have been running 220whp for over 1 year and over 9,000 miles. so far so good knock on wood.

yeah when did either of them make a 3" downpipe
edit: found it - divorced setup?

and richs car is reliable because hes run it for like 2.5 years and has ALL the bolt ons. hes also the best or second best tuner for the protege, and has a freak block. translation: dont try it

top whp numbers

Does he wanna tune mine? where is he located and whats his name on here? thanks.

top whp numbers

I am gonna turn the boost up to 11psi I think but I might try 12psi? I had the aem afc but it wasn't working properly. we turned it up to 10.80 psi and made 234 whp and then we did 11.08 psi and made 243 but the fuel pump wouldn't keep up so I decided before I try again to ask around on here to see your thoughts.

rich does not tune to my knowledge, i dont know if sam (the other "master tuner") tunes the AEM.

generally going past 11 is not recommended unless youre really confident in what youre doing or have a spare block

tune to whatever has your spike below 11. i dont know how you were upping boost and i see you have a MBC waiting to be installed, but if youre spiking 12 thats starting to push your luck if youre aiming for reliability. dig it? just my $.02...

glad to see responsible members though. not "how many psi can i run on a gt3071 with a stock motor? like 12-15?" then b**** when they throw a rod

oh if you go to a EBC or if my spikeless MBC comes out good then you can probably do 11 since you have a TON of bolt ons. you could probably even run 12 once in a blue moon, but again, starting to push it

top whp numbers

it goes right to 9psi then at higher rpm it goes to 12psi. ya if you know a way to keep at 11 psi that would be nice. it only does it in the cold weather.

sounds like boost creep. i dont know a lot about it, but i know its a tough fix if your WGA is working correctly. you have to port it or go EWG... have fun.

have you done the blow test on the WGA

Last edited:
top whp numbers

i have a ATP turbo 7psi wastegate but it goes to 9 psi. and they said it can go up to 12 psi. should i just have it tuned at 11 and then its only 1psi of creep because the wastegate maxes out.

Back