Top End

Originally posted by <tim>:
<STRONG>Actually there is not a govener on the mp3. After installing a custom cold air intake I hit 132mph with about a grand left before I red lined. It just ran out of power and the road too hilly. I asure you with a better exhaust and headers my mp3 will hit at least 140mph.</STRONG>

Hey Trim these cars do have govners! ALL new cars have govners on them they will cut the fuel out at a given speed. Your story sounds like a big fish one to me

Originally posted by Brian:
<STRONG>it is fun to go fast in out little hot rods. </STRONG>

:rolleyes: Hot Rods? :rolleyes:

You are making me LOL!! You have no idea what a hot rod is do ya?

Originally posted by <Tritonheat1>:
<STRONG>Hey everybody idont know if i'm the only one hey, looks like i'm the only one from california with a mp3 from hanford, thats 30min away from fresno. But anyways luxinnija whatever, your car has to be broken in first before you can achieve your goal the mazdas don't have governers like hondas,acura,toyotas,and mitsus. hondas 108-117mph acuras 110-121mph toyota 100-110 mitsu 115-123mph. When i had 1875 miles on the mp3 i was able to do 118mph pretty quick and let off cause i was coming up to the base gate and just let off could of went up probably to 125mph if it would and it felt like it could. It all depends on if it is broken in or not.</STRONG>

I hate to tell you but i know for sure on the honda's your off, I had my Si when i had it up to 134 stock.

Hey chevy camaro's have governer's at 120mph and a governer is where the odometor say's 150-155mph and your's shut'down at 120mph (sorry). Our little sport sedan Mp3 doesn't have a governer all of us has tooken it beyond 120mph.

<STRONG>Actually protege's don't have governers your calling the quits as of top speed that's not a governer a governer is where a odometor says 160mph but has a governer to stop the motor at 110mph and shutsdown. The engine shutsdown and the motor stops until your idle drops 10mph less than your top speed and then if you try to past 110 again it'll just keep shutting down untill you buy an ecu computerchip to take it off. My buddy lives on the base and has a zx3, he drives to san Diego every weekend and his car shutsdown at 105-106mph and he went to superchip.com and paid like 275$ for it and has installed it. The fastest he has tooken it up to was 120mph and the focus has a 140mph. That's a governer just to let you guysw know</STRONG>

I hate to inform you but just because the odometer says a number doesnt mean a car can achieve the top number on the odometer. For instance on the Celica GTS the top speed is 220mph if im not mistaken. And there is no way in hell you will see a celica doing that with or without a govener, hell you know how much work and open road you would need to do that

If i'm not mistaken my friend has a 99 si it shutsdown at 117mph stock and my cousin has a 2000 si with a few mods and a ecu chip and took the governer off and hit 127mph.

<STRONG>Hey chevy camaro's have governer's at 120mph and a governer is where the odometor say's 150-155mph and your's shut'down at 120mph (sorry). Our little sport sedan Mp3 doesn't have a governer all of us has tooken it beyond 120mph.</STRONG>

Tritionheat is there any truth to any of your post the last 3 replies i had where from your quotes, and once again your wrong. My friend has a 98 T/A WS6 Package and we have gone well over 150 with no mods to the ecu

My friend has a 96 green camaro v-6 auto and topped out at 120mph. a ws6 package is pretty fast i doubt that it could go that fast(150mph) i always drive on I-95 here in fresno not once i've seen a camaro z28 mustang gt go faster than 125mph.

<STRONG>If i'm not mistaken my friend has a 99 si it shutsdown at 117mph stock and my cousin has a 2000 si with a few mods and a ecu chip and took the governer off and hit 127mph.</STRONG>

maybe your friend took his foot off the gas. go to www.clubsi.com if you dont believe me. and like i said before you dont need to take the governer off of an si cause i myself had it up to over 130 and i know of my other people as well

<STRONG>My friend has a 96 green camaro v-6 auto and topped out at 120mph. a ws6 package is pretty fast i doubt that it could go that fast(150mph) i always drive on I-95 here in fresno not once i've seen a camaro z28 mustang gt go faster than 125mph.</STRONG>

ok and your point you said that all chevy's had a governer on them that they could go above 120, i proved you wrong. As far as the mustang goes, they cant even keep up nevermind the GT, my friend blows away the seleen cobra stangs. and has raced more then a few vettes, if the driver of the vette is good hell keep up with them, if they arent good or just ok he will hand it to them. trust me ive seen it numberous times, he has even kept up with the z06. he has intake, exhaust, headers, and a few other little goodies

I had a VW Bug that got up to 60, downhill with a tail wind. I thought it had a govenor on it, but it was really just crap...Kind of like a Chevy Camode Z28...

ive had mine up to 120 then i let off. it was still tryin to go faster but i let off the gas

<STRONG>Hey everybody idont know if i'm the only one hey, looks like i'm the only one from california with a mp3 from hanford, thats 30min away from fresno. But anyways luxinnija whatever, your car has to be broken in first before you can achieve your goal the mazdas don't have governers like hondas,acura,toyotas,and mitsus. hondas 108-117mph acuras 110-121mph toyota 100-110 mitsu 115-123mph. When i had 1875 miles on the mp3 i was able to do 118mph pretty quick and let off cause i was coming up to the base gate and just let off could of went up probably to 125mph if it would and it felt like it could. It all depends on if it is broken in or not.</STRONG>

Tritonheart, you are correct! I have recently gotten the similar speeds in my MP3 that you are talking about.

I've had mine to about 121 and at about 5000 revs. By the way, about the governor/rev limiter issue. Some cars do not have enough power stock to get them to that "cut-off" point. A buddy of mine in high school had a T-Bird w/ HO 5.0. He bought a chip and it still wouldn't do it. Finally he just put dual Flomasters on and it got their very quickly. If anyone has different exhaust or a CAI let us know what you get.

P.S. Did I mention that I love this car?!!! ;)

i believe ther is no gov. my friend has an s-10 x-treme and it shuts down at 100mph my mp3 has been up to 125 and still has power so if there is a gov. its higher then 14o. also my dad has a slk gov. at 130 due to the tire rating. maybe thats why we have no gov. since we have z rated tires :confused:

Back