Tongue of the Seat Belt Rattles with no passenger

NGC

:
2010 CX-9 AWD
The Passenger side tongue of the seat belt while suspended rattles back and forth against the hard plastic on the door pillar and the seat. I wish there was a solution to an otherwise quiet inside CX-9.

I've found it necessary to make sure the metal portion is pointed down and turned inwards towards the seat back. Always fixes the rattle on the B-pillar.

I have the same problem but on further investigation I found it was the passenger seat back that moved left to right causing the seatbelt to rattle. I brought this to the dealer's attention and he said their is a service bulletin on the problem. He will do the fix on my next service appointment.

If it's actually the seat belt buckle rattling on the B pillar, do what all us S2000 guys do... just buckle it even when there's no passenger.

I find that I can pull it out and rest it on the seat bolster and it will stay put and stop rattling. I also push the receptable down so it's wedged in between the seat and center console and that resolves most of the rattling.

I only experience this rattle during a cold start, the motor cranking vibrates the tongue back and forth, but have never experienced this while driving. But my wife always leaves that seatbelt turned/twisted, and I always untwist it, facing the seat. If a passenger unbuckles it and lets it loose, the tongue will face the pillar unless you untwist it.

I have the same problem....has been getting annoying recently....

Where's this TSB that's mentioned? Who's got the number....

Interesting TSB to find out now. However, this TSB is for the drivers side.

The issue I have, and I think echoed here, is the passenger side, male part that dangles on the seat belt when there is no passenger....

Back