To MT or not to MT, that is the question

tiwing

14.4 @ 98
:
2003.5 MSP Ti
I'm definitely going to get new motor mounts front and rear. I've been in a car with the AWR (I think) MT front and rear. It drove amazing, but was a bit rough at idle, and since I spend time in rush hour, it may be too rough.

To whoever has the ATs or MTs, do you like them? Do you wish you'd gotten the other ones? Does anyone have mixed AT and MT?

Thanks.

i like the MT front motor mount, it took a month or so to fully break in, but now i cant feel any vibration.

Gcotton has both the front and rear MT mounts, and they are very rough for the 1st 2 or 3 months, but eventually they'll settle in, and there is no bad vibration anymore.

I believe i have the rear AT mount, since the insert is black, not red.
Hopefully i'll be installing it soon.

i just run the front a/t one on a few cars here at the shop , i did'nt want it to be like my dash rattling rx7.

KyRaceFan said:
i like the MT front motor mount, it took a month or so to fully break in, but now i cant feel any vibration.

Gcotton has both the front and rear MT mounts, and they are very rough for the 1st 2 or 3 months, but eventually they'll settle in, and there is no bad vibration anymore.

I believe i have the rear AT mount, since the insert is black, not red.
Hopefully i'll be installing it soon.
hmm, my rear AT bushing was red

Back