Tired of no HP

1FastMP3

I've had this car for a loooong time now and tired of trying to make it go faster. Even if u put a big turbo on it it still won't be a speed demon. Sooooo instead of trying to build this thing up & wasting my money in the process I've decided to build up my 66 Ford Pickup. I'm going to put a 351 Windsor in it & stroke it out to a 408 put a big ass cam in it that's .590/.560 lift 250/241 degree, AFR heads, 750 4 barrel carb, Edlebrock Victor jr Intake manifold, C4 Automatic tranny with a 4500 Stall. The Mp3 will become my daily sloooow driver. This truck is going to be a stump pulling beast. Everybody with that setup is making 600 rwhp easily & doing the 1/8 close to 92.5 mph. Sooooo anybody with a mp3 that's turboed that wants to see waht would really happen when u line up with american iron come get some. :D

i guess your screen name was set before you got the car then...in that truck, you will be fast in a straight line and passing everything but the gas pumps.

i don't know what you thought you were buying. did you really expect to get a rocket ship when you signed the papers for a 140HP economy car? :wtf:

on second thought, just buy an SRT-4. they're the fastest cars ever made. or so i'm told....:rolleyes:

man your weak if you turbo your mp3 it will be soo good, trucks sux so bad at least your mp3 handles and looks good, i would just save up money and put a turbo on

just buy a real sports car.... dont get me wrong, i love my mazda, but its not built for speed/muscle. its a family car.

by the way i am not tryingto bash you... but that truck sounds ******* awsome.... now THATS real power.

colin949 said:
man your weak if you turbo your mp3 it will be soo good, trucks sux so bad at least your mp3 handles and looks good, i would just save up money and put a turbo on

trucks sux?? just race a typhoon and we will see what it will do to you. :D

Don't get me wrong guys I love my MP3. My dad & I were throwing around the idea the other day of hotrodding our pickup. The reason that is because my friend that I go to church with owns a mustang with a 302 stroked out to be a 393. Now that damn thing lit up, snapped my back into the seat & put a big smile on my face. That car had sheer torque. That's where we came up with the idea.

Dmitrik: Hahaha yes it will suck a lot of gas but that's what happens when you are pushing 600 to the wheels...Also I knew this car isn't a rocket but I was big into the import scene then and really wanted a turbo but after finding out it adds a considerable amount of HP it's not enough & the fact I've fallen out of the import scene

Zio: Don't want a sportscar. The reason we want to do the pickup is we've had it forever and nobody nobody will ever believe that it will be fast when I pull up to the line or at a stop light. They will laugh when I want to race but after it's over they won't be laughing to much..Just think of seeing a 66 Ford truck to the 1/8 at 92 mph... Hahah yes it will have power out the a$$

Pirana: The new SVT Cobra is very sweet but my setup will blow the doors off that car... Guys with Mustangs with the same setup I will be doing are hanging with Dodge Viper's in the 1/4 a few of them are running away from them.... That should give u an idea of the power

By the way I'm not bashing anyone with a turbo. Also didn't come on here to start a war either. Just thought i would tell ya'll about my little project that's going to be happening this spring

My take on all this is that a big block setup when done correctly, will blow the doors off most cars I can think of. And it can be done so for pretty damn cheap if you do most of the work yourself. If big blocks and going in a straight line is your thing, then I'm not gonna knock you. Remember though, you won't be happy having that thing as a daily driver if that's your goal. You will spending a s*** load of money on gas and you wont be pulling any sophisticated, hot chicks with that thing.

The Typhoon, Syclone are thirsty for fuel and the Ford pu will cost a fortune on gas.

All are cool in their own way, But most people that buy Japanese cars want reliability, fuel economy, good performance and strong resale value.

I think old cars are cool, but not as daily transportation. If you want to go fast in a straight line, then build a drag car. If you want something that handles, goes well and gets the groceries then the MP3 is the choice.

If you want a speed thrill then climb onto any current crotch rocket motorcycle. They will make a Turbo Porsche feel slow!

I rode a friends Yamaha V-Max not that long ago, That thing will make you pee your pants it's so fast!

G. :eek:

Back