Tire ware

uncletime

:
2007 MS3 GT Black Mica
i noticed that my front tires are waring uneven ... just the outsides are waring... im thinking underinflation? anyone confirm or deny?

Are you wearing on both sides of the same tire? If so, then I would think that the tire is being underinflated. If it's just one of the sides, then I would suspect the alignment is off. Our tires should carry about 30-32 lbs of pressure if measured cold. IE: make sure you check the pressure after the car's been sitting around for a while and not after taking a 2 hr trip.

im sure its because of camber..my outside is more worn than the inside...

actually the outside tread is super low compared to the rest of the tire...ill take pics tommorow and post..its jsut a small section that is worn..like 2 inchs from the outside its a mini s lookin tread

i checked my pressure today and the fronts were at 20. i put them up to 30 bc thats what the rear were.

the outsides of both front tires were worn... they were def underinflated.

Thats wierd, the sensor should let you know. It got cold here for one night and I drove the next day and my dash was popping off an alert light. My tire pressure was low, and it was super sensitve. I dont understand why yours didnt go off.

from what i understand, the sensors trip at a really low tire pressure, so it's definitely possible to lose a lot of air before it goes off. so, 20 lbs might actually have been just shy of setting the sensor off.

and yes, it sounds like your problems will likely be all fixed now cause of the pressure problem. gl...=d

I had a duplicate of jphilly. Cold night and the light was on. front tires had 30lbs, upped to 33, and light went away.

you may just need to rotate your tires more often.
rotating your tires will sometimes kill or slow down camber wear.
i know it does on mine seeing how I have a near 2" drop on my MZ3

I think that the stock Bridgestones are terrible. I drive them pretty hard but they seem like jelly to me. I have rotated them properly and think I may need to replace them at about 15,000 total miles (I have snow tires for winter), about 8000 total miles on them now. Any opinions on Kumho Ecsta SPT? They seem to be good bang for the buck. Reviews on Tire Rack look good and treadwear rating looks good.

Back