• Total voters

Puckpimp71

:
1991 Taurus SHO, 2003 Black Mazdaspeed Protege
Michelin PS2
Eagle F1 GS-D3
Dunlop Sport Maxx
Bridgestone Pole Position S-03

Not sure which ones to go with... I have the KDW-2 right now and I'm not such a fan. The OE RE040s lasted longer, though I had much less power when I still had those tires. Anyway, something that's grippy with a stiffer sidewall and a little more dry traction. Any firsthand experiences would be appreciated.

I ran the Potenza S-03s and liked them a lot. Quite grippy and excellent in the rain. However, I haven't used any of those others. Another alternative would be Falken Azenis. My main complaint with the Potenzas is the price.

keep in mind that generally, you get what you pay for.

the listed tires are in a different category than the falkens. the falkens (RT615, not ST115) offer slightly better grip and a much lower price, but at the expense of everything else. the ST115 seems like a good bargain tire, but that doesn't seem to be what you're shopping for.

everyone i know that has had the S-03s has loved them, and several autoXers i know run them as rain tires. i'd get them if i had the money for dedicated snow tires on top of their cost. i don't know anything about the others, but the goodyears have gotten excellent reviews.

Right now, price really isn't a big issue since I get a nice discount from work and I'm making money this month. I'm surprised the PS2s haven't gotten any love. I was leaning towards those initially, but read some good things on the Dunlops.

get the F1

Try here:

http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100697&highlight=tire+comparison

....I'd say you can't go wrong with any of those tires you listed. Read the characteristics of each and pick which you feel is the best tire for your usage. Personally I'm going with the F1 for my needs as it's the best value in my size. Couple months ago Car and Driver did test of summer tires, check the Tires/suspension section for info I posted and a link. Or their website for the article.

Back