Tire Mounting and Stretch

I ask that only people with use full information post, thanks

I am trying to mount and stretch a 205 45 17 tire onto a 17x8.5 rim.

Does anyone have experience with mounting tires by hand? i have seen a couple of youtube videos were people use crow bars and such, is there any other way?

And does anybody have experience stretching a tire using the mount/ light on fire/ tap method also seen on youtube?

Doing this to try and save money, plus gain some experience with tire fitting and mounting any help is appreciated!!!

I'm just saying for 50 bucks or so you can have the piece of mind of having a professionally mounted and balanced tire that you just can't do yourself. Sure you might get it mounted but you might end up scratching your wheel at the least and setting your wheel and tire on fire at the worst. I've seen people do it (not in person).

alot of people charge more money to put on stretch tires or just wont do it

people did want to install my 205/40 on a 7.5 ...they were afraid to mess up my rim.

yea thats another reason, LOL dont want these fools fukin up my expensive ass rotas, for real, if any ones gonna scratch my rim its gonna be me, or the fool that does will get hurt

VW's do it all the time. Looks retarded and handles even worse.

Why are you trying to put such a skinny tire on such a wide wheel?

A tech scratching up your wheel will be the least of your concerns if you take a corner fast.

hes into the hella flush look. i agree it looks dumb. but it what he wants to do. id never do it. i like the flush look just not hella flush. and i dont like the stretch. but free bump for you kevin.

just call around to the mom n pop tire shops, someone will mount it. its gonna look silly though. I have a 215 mounted on my 8.5" front wheel on the s2000 and thats way to much stretch for my liking but those were the tires from the stock rims and didnt feel like buying new tires unnecessarily for the new wheels.

I would highly suggest not trying it yourself.

ok sounds good, ill give that a try, and im putting such a small tire on a wide rim because it will be poking around 15mm past the fender...and im slammed.... so i need to stretch tire in order not to hit the fender with the tire.

and at my current height i don't corner to fast. Or drive fast for that matter, lol

I would have loved to see you try to put a tire on by hand. Ive been doing tires for 7 years and Ive managed to get it 2 times, on higher profile tires, for s**** and giggles. also its very hard for someone to scratch a wheel on a machine putting on a tire. plus, those rotas look like reverse mount wheels, so the backside only makes contact. if someone ****** that up, they are an idiot

Did you just say expensive ass rotas???? The reason people buy rotas is to get knock off's of expensive wheels.

Back