Thread for Complete Nerds Only

My thanks to Jan from the Netherlands who finally managed to solve the "Euro" Bluetooth problem. Jan worked out that the US spec Bluetooth was looking for 11 characters. In Europe our fixed lines tend to have 9 (XX-XXX-XXXX) and our mobiles tend to have 10 (XXX-XXX-XX-XX). Jan suggested to add redundant zeros to the end of the phone numbers to bring the characters up to 11.

Hey presto, finally I can enter phone numbers into my address book. Final word, my home number is still a nightmare (I have four consecutive "1"s). The only way I could get around this was to input the full international number using "##" which translates to a "+" in my cell phone. For those who don't know "+" is the standard international access code for cell phones.

....as I said in the title, thread for complete nerds only.

Thanks once again Jan

That's some dedication. I refuse to use the phonebook, the process of entering numbers is too tedious.

Before I bought the CX9 I tried a Ford Edge with "Sync." It pulled my phone book off the phone via bluetooth. Sync is awesome. Unfortunately it comes attached to a Ford Edge, a vehicle I found uninspiring and bland to drive.

Good news is Fords exclusive deal for Sync will be up this year and hopefully we will see it available elsewhere.

Latest posts

Back