This is what happens with NOS...

KCKrogoth

:
'02 Protege5
I figured I would post these pics of what happened to my Pro5's FS motor with a little aid from a ZEX kit and caused me an expensive engine replacement.

Enjoy...

DSC03215.jpg

DSC03214.jpg

DSC03213.jpg

DSC03212.jpg

DSC03211.jpg

DSC03210.jpg

DSC03209.jpg

Bottom line....If you're thinking about using Nitrous, I recommend against it. I hope this was enough to save a couple of FS motors out there. (thumb)

Only a 55 shot...I figured it would be a safe deal. Recommendations for that much nitrous was minimal. Didn't require timing adjustment, plus I couldn't do that anyway, I don't have adjustable cam gears.

Guess I figured wrong... (bang)

turbo build / forged internals FTW. Gl and sorry to hear about your situation.
check w/ JDM Sam @ www.*************.com he is building a motor rite now and might be able to help you with your situation.

KCKrogoth said:
Only a 55 shot...I figured it would be a safe deal.

Ouch. Wet kit or dry kit?

Recommendations for that much nitrous was minimal. Didn't require timing adjustment, plus I couldn't do that anyway, I don't have adjustable cam gears.

For nitrous, you'd likely want to adjust your ignition timing, not your cam timing. Therefore you'd need an EMS, not cam gears.

Either way, that sucks.

ouchie, deff changed my mind. ill stick to exra boost.

Attachments

• RO_3790023[1].jpg
    RO_3790023[1].jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 221
  • RO_3790020[1].jpg
    RO_3790020[1].jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 164
nvmsp said:
Sorry but I must ask this dude, what fenders are those and how much?

I've never seen them.
they're VIS bullet style.

if you're intersted in them get to my foir sale thread. i'm trying to sell my pair currently.

-shakes head- wow, I don't know why mazda made these motors soo weak!?!? My friend pushes 55 DRY shots on his 96 Tercel, RELIABLY! I really don't get what Mazda was thinking (yeah I know an economy engine, but still!).

nvmsp said:
Sorry but I must ask this dude, what fenders are those and how much?

I've never seen them.

man, i just moved and the notebook with all my sites and price comparison is m.i.a. its kinda pissin me off, i think they were farely inexpensive, like $200-300. it took me like a month or two just to find decent quality ones and these werent that great, some extra fiberglass and tlc fixed them though. i9f i find it i'll post it to ya(argh)

Attachments

• RO_3790019[1].jpg
    RO_3790019[1].jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 162
FI_FSDE said:
-shakes head- wow, I don't know why mazda made these motors soo weak!?!? My friend pushes 55 DRY shots on his 96 Tercel, RELIABLY! I really don't get what Mazda was thinking (yeah I know an economy engine, but still!).

My buddy sprayed a 100 shot on his elantra for over 2 years with no problems.

And I though zex kits tended to actually give a actual smaller shot then the size jet that is used.

It was a dry shot which was probably a stupid idea to begin with, But yes, it pulled like a bat out of hell for about 2 weeks...Then it went. Was fun while it lasted!

I have a new motor in it now, It's all good. Think I'll try a different route this time...Maybe Boost! (flame2)

wow im glad i never thought about throwing nos on this car. cause those pictures would have crushed my dreams lol.

i do hear that pirana is getting his motor rebuilt with all the fun stuff and will be throwing nos on there. but im sure he will tune for it.

Back