Thinking about getting a 6s

QwikSRT4 said:
Ahhh nice to see someone else is supporting the SRT-4 in here..and it's silver just like mine!

If he has the money for an STi go for it. But I'm sticking with my SRT on this one. If he's going only for the WRX, the SRT-4 is gonna be my suggestion. You watch...once Mopar unleashes it's full catalog for the SRT-4 you're gonna see some pissed off Scoobie drivers.

But who wants to drive a POS Neon anyway? (hi)

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that the SRT-4 isn't fast, it would toast any stock wrx, or 6 out there, I have zero doubts.

However there is more to life then going fast in a straight line, that and if anything the interior of the srt is cheaper looking then the wrx and the ride is much stiffer.

As for those who said go STi, there is about a 6-8 grand differnece in price, once you look at adding a decent stereo, not to mention addtional insurance and tire costs, which puts it well beyond my reach.

I am still building my list of cars that I will test drive come march, although it's gotten a little bit bigger.

WRX
6s
v6 accord (prolly not since they ruined the handleing)
Jetta
Volvo s40
Altima (maybe, but probably not)
pontiac grand prix (bigger I know)

Jer said:

I am still building my list of cars that I will test drive come march, although it's gotten a little bit bigger.

WRX
6s
v6 accord (prolly not since they ruined the handleing)
Jetta
Volvo s40
Altima (maybe, but probably not)
pontiac grand prix (bigger I know)

Im not flameing just aqdding my take on the cars in the list.

WRX - was alright but I was suprised that I liked the interior the best. Both power and especialy handling dissapointed me. The feels like it will tip over going straight.

6s- I would have bought one had the deal no fallen thorugh. Its a more mature car that can still get quick and plow into turns for fun.

v6 accord - they seem to have good numbers but I dislike the looks. I have yet to driv eone

Jetta - I have never felt a jetta be sporty. The suspension is blah!
German power bands are alwasy nice though.

Volvo s40 - NEver drove one, seem slow.

Altima (maybe, but probably not) - I suggested it to my girlfriends 50 year old mother who it is a perfect fit for. Its still a nice more mature car, but maybe to much so.

pontiac grand prix - and you think the neons interior is too cheap, the Pontiacs have terrible interrior builds. Maybe not worse then dodge but almost as bad.

If possible I would add the A4 to your list.

i am planning on trading my protege 5 that i just bought 3 months ago. I dont like it its very slow but the handling is great! I checked out this forum to find wut wuts up with the m6 but i saw on the first page that it has a ford engine just like my p5 and ford is just not very reliable. if i was to buy this 6 w/ an american engine i might as well buy a srt4 neon.

1ofdfew323 said:
i am planning on trading my protege 5 that i just bought 3 months ago. I dont like it its very slow but the handling is great! I checked out this forum to find wut wuts up with the m6 but i saw on the first page that it has a ford engine just like my p5 and ford is just not very reliable. if i was to buy this 6 w/ an american engine i might as well buy a srt4 neon.

You have some really screwy info there.

The 2.0L in the protege5 is anything but domestic. Designed 100% by mazda. I have o clue where it is actualy built.

Also the duratech V6 in the 6S is very reliable. Fords aquired companies use it everywhere. From Mazda to Jaguar. My mother has an S-Type Jag and the engine is outstanding!

s type jag. ford motors aren't reliable u just have to accept the fact! and p5 is 97% japan and 3% of wutever country which i guess is US and thats the ford engine.

1ofdfew323 said:
s type jag. ford motors aren't reliable u just have to accept the fact! and p5 is 97% japan and 3% of wutever country which i guess is US and thats the ford engine.

I'd put the duratec up against a new sentra engine any day.
Duretch is solid, saying domestic engines aren't reliable is typical rice boy banter. Don't subcome to those idocies.

I will say this only one more time
THE PROTEGE ENGINE IS JAPANESE! YOU HAVE BEEN MISINFORMED!

Now yes the mazda 6s engine has a american designed engine, although likely not assembled.
The Mazda 6i 4 cylinder is a totaly japanese engine.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
1ofdfew323 said:

Dude,

you said it yourself. 97% - Japan.

Other 3% are stuff like tires and other small stuff.

Well I would like to thank everyone who chimed in here, I have decided on the WRX for the following reasons.

1. Wagon, has already been very useful
2. AWD, I NEED to drive in the snow this helps, and I haven't heard stellar reviews on the 6 in the white stuff
3. Familiar with Subaru's already
4. Dealer, lets just say my local mazda dealer blows monkey chunks
5. Size, when I test drove the 6 I seemed just a little more disconnected from the road then I did the WRX
6. TORQUE ... nuff said
7. Aftermarket support, I have new endlinks and a short shifter already in or on order for my wrx, and the 6 is still getting it's first aftermarket accessories.
8. STi, tons of bolt on factory subaru parts availible from the car
9. Price, my WRX was 21,300
10. a wrx wagon won COM ST2 and SCCA STX last year (and I know both of them)

So thanks to all who helped, I will leave you with a butt shot

wrx3.jpg

Last edited:
i like the looks of the 6 but what bothers me alot is the way the stereo is. i mean i like the loud system i mean 3-4 15'' subs and i know the stock radio is a must go for me. is there a kit or something else that's out to eliminate the stock radio?

Latest posts

Back