There will be a new CX-5 in 2 years...Mazda said

More features...telescopic steering column....
If by that you mean telescoping steering wheel, you have that already. My 2020 Touring steering wheel tilts and telescopes. That's standard equipment on just about any car these days. The ol' in-out doesn't travel very far but it gets the job done...the steering wheel I mean. ;)

I hope Mazda will put the new 8-speed into the next CX-5.
That alone should help with MPG (at least highway MPG).

I also don't want it to be bigger.
The current size is just right.
Don't mess with success (50% sale of Mazda USA from CX-5).
More features, memory mirror, telescopic steering column .... you name it. The more, the merrier. At no extra cost... of course.. ;)
The 8 speed is a longitudinal transmission and wouldn’t fit in the CX-5. If they want to integrate electricity into a transverse geared transmission, Toyota has the one they’re throwing in the Grand Highlander and Crown. A 6 speed wet clutch auto. We’re seeing it’s at least capable of 360 HP. I’d also like more gears, but hybridization while not having to move to a CVT sounds great to me.

The current size of the CX5 is the right one. If they need it larger, that is what the CX50 is for. No need for segment creep. Would love to see the 8 spd transmission.

More features, memory mirror, telescopic steering column .... you name it. The more, the merrier. At no extra cost... of course.. ;)
8 speed would be nice. 2.0x engine option would also be nice. probably dreaming though.

If by that you mean telescoping steering wheel, you have that already. My 2020 Touring steering wheel tilts and telescopes. That's standard equipment on just about any car these days. The ol' in-out doesn't travel very far but it gets the job done...the steering wheel I mean. ;)
maybe he means power telescoping wheel? :D i had that in my lexus and it was cool, but i don't think it's really something to hope for in a car.

I don't understand why people want the CX-5 bigger when essentially the bigger CX-5 is the CX-9. And now there is the CX-50. Like holy jeez people.

I agree that the current CX-5 is sized just right, even if it is among the lowest in its class for passenger and cargo space. I knew that before I bought mine, but I needed something with more cargo space than my old Mazda3 hatch (it is just me, my wife and sometimes our small dog). Most other compact CUV's are too big, in my opinion. I liked the first couple generations of RAV4 and CR-V which were ideally sized.

Is that like the old CX-7 ?
I recall that I've read that the CX-5 has smaller exterior but equal or larger interior than the CX-7.

I also like the size of the CX-5. Maybe a couple more inches of cargo space would be welcome, but I don't want a substantially larger car.

I'm very interested in seeing how the CX-70 turns out. I would like a powerful plug in hybrid, and more towing capacity. But I'd be happy with those things and the size and look of the CX-5 which I think looks much better than the CX-60. I also don't want to sit lower.

To me, the only downside of sitting high is vehicle dynamics, and the CX-5 is already excellent on that front for my driving style.

Bigger means being more careful in the garage, more hassle parking and maneuvering, more energy use and so forth.

Back