The Wife's New Toy (56K warning)

Thanks everyone. My wife's head got a little bigger after I passed along your compliments. lol.

(yippy) YAY miatas!!

Congrats Vodapas...Sounds like this miata is already becoming an obsession for your wife. :D hee!

You HAVE to check out this page for great looking/lightweight wheels:
http://www.good-win-racing.com/goodwinracing_005.htm

Some are nice and inexpensive too! Remember--lightweight=less unsprung weight=quicker starts. The auto could use all the help it can get. ;)

Keep us updated on the rims! :)

Thanks Diane,

I can tell that good-win-racing and me are going to be very good friends.

(wow) i have to admit, this car really looks like DODGE VIPER!! (thumb)

you know, it's funny--I used to get the Viper thing from kids all the time in my red miata. :D

Togan said:
(wow) i have to admit, this car really looks like DODGE VIPER!! (thumb)

Yeah, I noticed the same thing when I was waxing it. The 3 spoke wheels combined with the 2nd gen headlights and hood bulge. Ah well, the baby Viper look will go away soon enough once I get some new wheels. I'll probably just go with my Motegi MR3s. Not the best rim for that body style, but they already have the BF Goodrich T/A KDW 2s that I love so much and with only like 2500 miles on them it would be a shame to sell them with the Del Sol.

Jason94Cobra said:
Where do you live? My parents lived there a couple years ago and those houses look familiar.

It's on a Navy base called NCTAMS PAC

vodapas77 said:
Yeah, I noticed the same thing when I was waxing it. The 3 spoke wheels combined with the 2nd gen headlights and hood bulge. Ah well, the baby Viper look will go away soon enough once I get some new wheels. I'll probably just go with my Motegi MR3s. Not the best rim for that body style, but they already have the BF Goodrich T/A KDW 2s that I love so much and with only like 2500 miles on them it would be a shame to sell them with the Del Sol.
is the Del Sol 4 lug pattern the sameas the Mazda 4 lug?

Mazdaspeedgirl said:
is the Del Sol 4 lug pattern the sameas the Mazda 4 lug?

Yup, even the exact same factory recomended offset. When Honda sets out to copy another manufacturer's car they do it to the last detail. lol. Well except for the rear wheel drive and real drop top.

hawaiian_msp said:
saw the miata myself at the last meet/cruise and I gotta say that is one sweet ass ride!!! (lol2) -mike

Yeah too bad it was so dark by the time you got there or you could have seen it better. lol. J/P Mike.

vodapas77 said:
Yup, even the exact same factory recomended offset. When Honda sets out to copy another manufacturer's car they do it to the last detail. lol. Well except for the rear wheel drive and real drop top.

muhhhahahhaaa!!

well there ya go! stick the ghey rims on the honda and sell it. :) Save some money for other miata mods *cough*6speed*cough*. :D

Mazdaspeedgirl said:
muhhhahahhaaa!!

well there ya go! stick the ghey rims on the honda and sell it. :) Save some money for other miata mods *cough*6speed*cough*. :D

How tough is the auto to manual swap in this car?

Yes Ma'am. I suppose it might be a worth while project down the road. After all someday my wife will want to get into another vehicle and at that point I have the feeling this baby will be mine all mine. lol.

Grrrrrrr. Sorry I can't help it I got to take it out by myself the other day and switched off the OD and floored it. Hearing that BP roar through the Borla. What can I say it was like I smelled blood. lol.

I don't know why, but those wheels look tight as hell on that car.....looks like a HotWheel.

Didn't those rims come out in '94?

Either way, nice ride.

Back