The very first 400bhp SPEED3!!!

Ive been researching this for quite some time. You could get away with a custom res in the front lower bumper area, or the most sensible place, is the rear trunk, where i plan to mount mine. I would like to have at least a 1 gallon tank.

If i can find a decent location for the pump, than its going into the engine bay. Im not too jazzed about running a large power cable to the rear of the car if i dont have to. Wouldnt be a big deal if i had amps back there, but i dont.Not much room in the engine bay, so its going to take a little bit of work to plum it in.

Others have used the windshield washer tank for their installs too.

Im planing on installing mine were the car jack is in the trunk...thats were the tank will be....and the pump as well just gonna have to run the lines all through the inside of the car but it will be a clean and stealthy install....

even the last video had droplets falling from the nozzle. crappy spray pattern if you ask me.

i will definately be doing a meth kit and CPE's standback unit.

thats bulls*** i think they just sprayed water into the exhaust and filmed it to say they spray water...that cant be true at all...unless the car is hydrogen fueled which it isnt.

Well i saw that protoge garage sells the snow performance meth kit for teh speed3......maybe he used that one????Me personaly im peicing together a kit from aquamist....thats what two of my buddys are running and the quality and the kit is amazing...(not saying anything bad about snow since i havnt had any interaction with it)Just remeber if you go with a meth/alky kit to make sure you have 1 if not 2 fail safes....And when i comes down to it i wouldnt install this on the speed if i dont have a tuner to properly do it....It took my friend 3-4 hrs of dyno tunning to get the correct flow, mix, and size nozles for the best performance........

Chill out guys...Let's keep this hell of a thread on track! :D

This is great news...If you knew what it took the last gen of non-rotary Mazdas to make this kind power you would realize you guys have it a lot easier! As CPE stated...It's all about being SMART about choosing your Mods...I'm more and more interested in this water/meth injection.

At what rate would these setups empty a 1 gallon tank?..Provided average use...How many "sprays" could you get from 1 gallon?

This is great news...If you knew what it took the last gen of non-rotary Mazdas to make this kind power you would realize you guys have it a lot easier! As CPE stated...It's all about being SMART about choosing your Mods...I'm more and more interested in this water/meth injection.

At what rate would these setups empty a 1 gallon tank?..Provided average use...How many "sprays" could you get from 1 gallon?

From what i understand that all depends on the rate of spray, nozzle size, and pump...Some also have a on and off switch so you dont have to drive with it all day everyday..

From what i understand that all depends on the rate of spray, nozzle size, and pump...Some also have a on and off switch so you dont have to drive with it all day everyday..

somebody in the ms6 made a howto guide for the install.

i wonder what nozzles he went with and how its running for him? PM sent.

Thanks Antoine (thumb)

Tough question to answer unfortunately for the reasons TRSpeed3 stated. The quantity and duration of the spray will depend on the running conditions of the engine. Our (upcoming) meth kit uses a MAP-RPM table to indicate to the controller how much to spray. So really you'll probably be spraying some water/meth whenever you're in boost. With that said, we know of many people running water/meth on daily drivers, so as long as you don't boost too much on your daily commute, a gallon of water/meth can actually last you a pretty long time. I wish I could give you a better approximation, but there are a lot of variables unfortunately. Water/meth isn't metered the same way, say, a standard shot (50hp, 75hp, 100hp, etc.) of nitrous is.

Thanks Antoine (thumb)

Tough question to answer unfortunately for the reasons TRSpeed3 stated. The quantity and duration of the spray will depend on the running conditions of the engine. Our (upcoming) meth kit uses a MAP-RPM table to indicate to the controller how much to spray. So really you'll probably be spraying some water/meth whenever you're in boost. With that said, we know of many people running water/meth on daily drivers, so as long as you don't boost too much on your daily commute, a gallon of water/meth can actually last you a pretty long time. I wish I could give you a better approximation, but there are a lot of variables unfortunately. Water/meth isn't metered the same way, say, a standard shot (50hp, 75hp, 100hp, etc.) of nitrous is.

Verry true....i just talked to my buddy leaving the meth kit on driving daily on low boost 10-15 psi 1 gallon will last him about a week and a half maybe a bit less he said...(this is on an EVO)

My bros snow per. kit he has on his sti is ran as a dailey driver and he has a 6qt tank and it lasts for a good 2 weeks. Depends on how often he hits wot.

And no his does't blow water out like a whales blow hole, I was just joking(hump)

If you want to calculate the amount of water you need just follow this spreadsheet is not that hard.

2326730_16_full.jpg

I made my own kit from some off the shelf parts and some Devil's own On-Line stuff.

2 Quart tank lasted about 2.5 weeks.

Here is the link for my Water/Meth DIY

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2326730

I think none mentioned it but for cooling purpose you want to run 100% water. Methanol is used as an anti-freeze (up to 20%). Anything more is simply adding "fuel" and only neccessary if you have maxed out your cars injectors.

incorrect information. First and foremost, you want methanol for the OCTANE insurance, not because your injectors are maxed out. If your injectors are maxxed out, you best be fixing that problem before adding meth injection.

Yes, the water aids in cooling the intake charge. It also helps atomize the methanol. Youre roughly at 103 octane while injecting a 50/50 mix. However, 130 octane is reached running 100% methanol.. i do this at the track for obvious reasons. Running straight water does nothing but cool the intake charge, without increasing octane.

i want to know more about this particular speed3. What kind of boost? what is the hp/trq with out the water/meth?

im really excited about this...i know it worked wonders on my srt

incorrect information. First and foremost, you want methanol for the OCTANE insurance, not because your injectors are maxed out. If your injectors are maxxed out, you best be fixing that problem before adding meth injection.

Yes, the water aids in cooling the intake charge. It also helps atomize the methanol. Youre roughly at 103 octane while injecting a 50/50 mix. However, 130 octane is reached running 100% methanol.. i do this at the track for obvious reasons. Running straight water does nothing but cool the intake charge, without increasing octane.

Agreed! Our injectors are far from maxed out. Its the pump! Meth/Water injection is great for this car. Last I checked higher octane was a good thing. It lets the car have tuning room, and it lets you turn everything up safely. Timing, boost, and a/f ratio.

Just think this is on a tiny turbo too! (evil)

Back