The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

Yea, got rid of the nasty vibration. I may still "try" to rebuild the one I just pulled as a backup. Not sure why the thing eats drive-shafts though.
I'd look at the transmission and differential mounts. If either of those are bouncing around too much I can see why it's going through u-joints.

Regarding the SAT/ACT conversation I took both, multiple times. The highest SAT score back then was 1600. I graduated top-of-my-class and the best SAT score I could muster was a 1380 (I think). It's definitely the test. I think "smart" kids over-think most of the questions and end up doing worse. At the time, the ACT was supposed to be the more "advanced" test, geared more toward math and science, and I certainly did better on that. With these types of test you have to prepare for the test itself, not the content.

Can she still go to the school as a undeclared major or wait-list for the first semester? There's always drop outs and kids changing their majors once they get into it.

Yes, that was an option given to us today. Seems like the route she'll have to take seeing they only have 75 seats for the program a year and then the masters program only has 25-30 of which 5-10 are held for transfers. We are thinking the same, some will opt out or simply be dropped and there's a chance she can slide into an opening. If not, then she'll have to make a major change. We are going to see what courses she can take the first year that would be part of her program, can only help her.

yup, guess who paid for 3 of those...

What a nice brother you are! :)

I'd look at the transmission and differential mounts. If either of those are bouncing around too much I can see why it's going through u-joints.

Regarding the SAT/ACT conversation I took both, multiple times. The highest SAT score back then was 1600. I graduated top-of-my-class and the best SAT score I could muster was a 1380 (I think). It's definitely the test. I think "smart" kids over-think most of the questions and end up doing worse. At the time, the ACT was supposed to be the more "advanced" test, geared more toward math and science, and I certainly did better on that. With these types of test you have to prepare for the test itself, not the content.

I forget her score including the writing, want to say it was at or just above 1300. Personally I never took either one (joined the Navy right out of hs) but scored high enough on the ASVAB to qualify for a Naval Intelligence job. I myself just found out that it's better to NOT answer a question then guess or try and get it wrong. Different from the way I was taught back in school but maybe the same was true of these tests then?

Standardized tests suck. I do much better on written exams. I only took the ACT to get into Akron. Their standards were so low, they only required a 15 then to get in LOL . I got a much higher score, but it didn't do me any good as far as scholarships or anything

I forget her score including the writing, want to say it was at or just above 1300. Personally I never took either one (joined the Navy right out of hs) but scored high enough on the ASVAB to qualify for a Naval Intelligence job. I myself just found out that it's better to NOT answer a question then guess or try and get it wrong. Different from the way I was taught back in school but maybe the same was true of these tests then?

I remember the ASVAB! I took it for whatever reason. My father would've killed me if I joined the Navy (26 years enlisted). I forgot you get no points for no answer and lose points for a wrong answer on the SAT. That was something I had difficulty with because in normal test no answer = wrong answer. If you think about it - it requires quite a bit of skill to realize you don't know something. It's much better in the real world to say you don't know something than to guess and get something wrong. I guess that's what I was getting at when I said you have to know how to take the test.

Oh wow. All these old tests from back in the day. I remember the ASVAB. I can't remember if it was mandatory that we took it, or if I just purposely put myself in a study hall for a half day just to torture myself. Anyway... told me I should be an engineer... so I did.

I only ever took the ACT... once. Got the score I wanted and was happy with it. That's all that was needed at the time. Of course, I went to Youngstown State, so the requirements weren't all that high. Got me a scholarship or two tho.

I have internet again at home on my desktop. My quality time in here now :)

I only ever took the ACT... once. Got the score I wanted and was happy with it. That's all that was needed at the time. Of course, I went to Youngstown State, so the requirements weren't all that high. Got me a scholarship or two tho.

That is how I was. Both my brothers scored in the 28-30 and had multiple cousins score 32-34 region and I got a 18 and was like woohoo college! Funny that there isn't a how to change your oil question because everyone of them would fail. lol

SAT-Math-Pic-1.jpg

While tempting to go with A, I would choose B because there is a ? on the end and not an !

My teacher watched this in class the other day. Everyone was ready to put guns to their own heads.

I'm glad I'm not the only person who caught that.

/thinking too hard
How I pictured myself reading it
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/UtVjRG7PB_4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

^nice

I just got a Facebook update the Evan Lewis got married....but not one for Peaches.

Back