The official Review Thread

Love that savagegeese channel. I don't spend a whole lot of time on YouTube, so I had no idea who he is until reading this thread earlier this year. Dude knows his stuff. In comparison, some other channels sound like its reading straight from a brochure.

yea the savagegeese channel is far and away the best car review channel on the internet. not only is it not bland and scripted like you stated, he's one of the few that puts each car on the lift and talks about the underbody with an experienced mechanic. he also really likes mazdas--he owned a manual 3 for a bit

And make no mistake, an angry goose WILL mess you up.

And make no mistake, an angry goose WILL mess you up.

Totally. If it starts hissing at you... that's just really bad news.

Love that savagegeese channel. I don't spend a whole lot of time on YouTube, so I had no idea who he is until reading this thread earlier this year. Dude knows his stuff. In comparison, some other channels sound like its reading straight from a brochure.

++

His reviews are entertaining and really well done. AND as a bonus very informative.

I mostly agree he just comes across as opinionated sometimes and makes a big deal about silly things. His mechanic buddy will call him out on it too.

Comparison review between 2018 Mazda CX-5 Akera 2.5L and 2018 Volvo XC40 T5 R-Design 2.0L Turbo

Verdict:

"Wed be tempted to take a T5 Momentum loaded with a few key options, which wouldnt look quite as stylish as the T5 R-Design, but would save thousands. It may also have tilted the balance of this comparison in the Volvos favour.

As it is, the CX-5 Akera combines its value advantage with the generally smoother ride and slightly more engaging dynamics to edge a tight fight between mainstream and luxury."

Back