The new kid in Rotary Town

mikevoch89146

:
88 FC3S Convertible N/A 5 Spd
Hey all, just picked up a 88 convertible n/a 5 spd. First thing i want to do is ditch the mechanical fan and use an electric unit.. anyone had any experience with this... black dragon has one for 129 or whatever, just curious. pusher puller that kind of thing? ne one in vegas?

use a puller for the back of the radiator and find the biggest one possible. i think that you can get a thermostat now that is built for a fan switch, so you might check into that rather than just hard-wiring it in.

welcome to the boards.

Also I was wondering, has anyone used e-85 in their older rotarians. No valves to burn up and its around 100 octane. any thoughts

Welcome (hi)

Be sure to post (pics)

Also...Interesting question about the E-85...I'm all about alternative fuels if I can achieve at the least the same performance as high octane gasoline! (thumb)

there are a few people on some of the other boards that are running e85, but i don't think that there are any here. i will give it a shot before i rebuild my motor just incase it turns into an epic failure.

ethanol corrodes the fuel lines and such IF your car does not have ethanol safe gear.

The rotary will run fine on it.

Back