The Moderately Low (Not Slammed) and Functional Thread

p5lowsteelys_zps6762aaa9.jpeg

just installed new yellowspeed coilovers on my p5
sucks i have my winter tires on, but just couldn't wait
front is how i want it, back is still a little low. im wondering about raising it up more though because i have threaded the strut mount down all the way and an additional inch past, so the base of the strut mount is open and not threaded. not sure how much is safe to do, i imagine i could go a little more but im surprised. it seems like for the rear at least these coilovers at maximum height would still not be stock but could go very low

I have a p5 on some speed 6 wheels wrapped in 215/35/18's.after looking at all the reviews on the Stagg SHS struts, I think I am going with those paired with either Tein stechs (1.5 in drop) or some H&R springs (1.3 in drop).

My question is if I will need to do any modification to the wheel well or fender if I do that? I am not slamming the thing but they are big wheels for a small car. Anybody run this setup please chime in.

a>

Blown out shocks and old stock springs which results in a tad lower than stock MSP. Lol. Soon I'll have STR 601s 17x7.5 +35 offset on her, then possibly lowering springs (1in drop).

Last edited:
Back