The Mazda Salesman/Dealer Post Purchase Survey??

cybercruiser

Contributor
:
2015 CX-5 Touring 2.5L FWD
The salesman mentioned a survey I should be getting, and strongly encouraged me to give him all 10's.

When do we get this survey?? I purchased almost 2-1/2 months ago.

Did you actually give your salesman/dealer all 10s, or were you honest??

i think i got one but it was about 5 months later.. i had a great experience so i did give all 10's

If you liked your sales person, give them 10's. 9's might as well be 0's, that's how it's viewed.

He got me my minimum acceptable deal, but, only after fighting for it, we were there at least twice as long as we should have. He didn't do me any favors, is how I look at it, why should I do him any. If I got this awesome deal without having to play their silly games to get it, then I might be more inclined to give 10's. It'll depend on how the questions are worded, I guess. I may try to be generous, but, I'm still going to be honest. So, it'll depend on the wording.

Yeah, you are not obligated to give them 10's.
I'll be giving mine 10's. He was THE ONLY reason I bought at the dealership. The sales "manager" there was a first class a-hole. But my sales guy busted his butt and was up front with me. Having been in sales, it's tough work and I appreciated his efforts.

Both my salesman and the sales manager were excellent and I would have given them 10s-and the salesman did ask that I do that-but I never received the rating form.

Both my salesman and the sales manager were excellent and I would have given them 10s-and the salesman did ask that I do that-but I never received the rating form.

Yeah, who knows if I'll actually get the survey or not. Was just curious other people's feelings on the subject.

I remember giving my dealer all negative/poor scores... Terrible dealership (Fremont Mazda).

I had a pretty good experience except when I finally viewed the '15 cx-5 GT I noticed it had the oodles style mirrors. He said the "new style" mirrors were only on the tech package models.

Also when I went into finance I noticed a $300 charge for some LoJack type package the was never discussed. It was thrown into the deal under "other" or something like that. I was offended at that attempt to charge me for something I didn't want or need.

I gave 10's on my everything but 8's on a few.

I bought a 2015 cx-5 and a 2014 mazda3 at the same dealership. Two different salesman. They did a great job. Paid what i wanted, and gave me more than what i expected on my trade.

How will not being honest benefit me or the market in any way? Especially if it's a survey... Of course honesty is the only option if one is to take said survey. If anything, be a little tough on the grading.

Every dealership should strive for perfection (customer satisfaction). That is one of the important factors of brand loyalty, which leads to better sales. If the salesman is not a 10, which in most cases they are not. And the salesman tells you to rate him/her as a 10? Doing that alone will decrease his/her rating.

Last edited:
How will not being honest benefit me or the market in any way? Especially if it's a survey... Of course honesty is the only option if one is to take said survey. If anything, be a little tough on the grading.

Every dealership should strive for perfection (customer satisfaction). That is one of the important factors of brand loyalty, which leads to better sales. If the salesman is not a 10, which in most cases they are not. And the salesman tells you to rate him/her as a 10? Doing that alone will decrease his/her rating.

I guess if it's a non-mazda survey, giving great marks will maybe make our mazdas more desirable, and therefore maybe worth more.

If it's an internal Mazda kind of survey, then giving true(sometimes negative) responses will hopefully make them a better dealer / product / brand in the future as they try to fix those negatives. I think...

I got survey from Mazda about 2 weeks after purchase. Fortunately my dealer very much deserved a "10".

I just got a survey from Mazda tonight and stressed about addressing infotainment issues and Apple IOS compatibiltiy.

"Subject: We need your valuable input!

Dear XXXXX,

We hope you're enjoying your new MAZDA CX-5 and the benefits of being a part of the Mazda family.

We have a passion to design and engineer the best vehicles possible. As a Mazda Owner, you have a passion for driving, and that is why we invite you to be a part of our exclusive "virtual focus group" to help us learn more about your relationship with your new Mazda.

Please click here to complete our survey. The link will be available for 14 days, and the survey will only take about 15 minutes to complete. You can even save your responses part of the way through and return to finish the survey within 14 days of receiving this e-mail.

We'll send occasional notes to touch base with you in the future to make sure you're fully enjoying your Mazda experience.

We appreciate your time and participation. Your feedback will help us to build even better Mazda products in the future.

Thank you.!"

Bumping this post up as there's a lot of new CX-5 owners since the last reply. How did you all respond to the Mazda Purchase Experience Survey? Did you give the salesperson a 10 or not? If you gave them a 10, what did you like about how the sales process went or what did they do that prompted you to give them a perfect score?

When we bought our CRV, the sales guy mentioned if he doesn't get 10s he doesn't get his bonus/commission. So he was really worried as we were in a hurry the day we picked up the car and he therefore didn't have time to show us all the bells and whistles.

I don't recall a survey for my CX5 salesman, but I've gotten about 5 from Mazda about the vehicle.

Back