The Friendly P0171 code strikes again!

The ManLaw

The Manlaw of Want
:
15cx5 soon 20cx9
Okay guys, i did a quick search on the p0171 code that i have going on right now and have read there's a few possible reasons. i personally am thinking its my upstream o2 sensor gone awry cause i have a header on but i did the spark plug defowler thingy.

so my questions to all you fans out there, what do you think the issue could be? the car feels like it is still running normal and such.

You're supposed to put the non-fouler on the downstream o2 sensor. Upstream reads before the cat on the stock exhaust mani anyway, so that screws right into the header.

er yeah my bad, it is the second o2 sensor. first downstream, not up stream.

Before you swap your o2 sensor, check for cracks in the accordion tube, that seems to be a common problem on our cars, and a cheap/easy fix if it's broken. (2thumbs)

er without running outside in the freakin 88 degrees and humid weather, what is the accordian tube? lol

think thats the air intake tube (from the MAF to the throttle body), just replaced mine. $58 (CDN)

think thats the air intake tube (from the MAF to the throttle body), just replaced mine. $58 (CDN)

You buy it from Mazda? Mine had a nasty crack (~3cm) and a bunch of smaller ones. I used about half a roll of vinyl tape to seal it up and my car has been running much smoother ever since (no more randomly-rough idle!).

Same problem here with the accordian part of the air intake tube here. I used some stretchy sealing tape to seal it up until I get a replacement.

Latest posts

Back