The 2012 H Stock Thread

Phone

Banned
So while Andy Hollis and friends try their luck in STF, I'm going to be autocrossing with my local club this year in my Mazda2 in the TIR class. I already picked up some stock sized wheels and I'm waiting on some money to pick up some Toyo R1Rs and a rear bar.

Have:
2012 Mazda2
15x6 et45 BBS Wheels off of a 1995 M-edition Miata

Getting:
The wheels refurbished
Some 195/50R15 or 195/55R15 tires
A rear bar of some sort
1st place?

Sidenote: does anybody know the weights for the alloy wheel? If not, I'll have an answer within a few weeks.

I will recommend to get the 195-50-15 all around, there is a big difference between the 50's and the 55's different layering of compound..

Andres

I will recommend to get the 195-50-15 all around, there is a big difference between the 50's and the 55's different layering of compound..

Andres

Not to mention the gearing hit of going to the 55 series tire.

OE wheel/tire combo is 31.4 lbs

Last edited:
I'm going to be autocrossing with my local club this year in my Mazda2 in the TIR class.

What's TIR? Is that a non R compound tire class? If so Id have loved to have that class available.

Around here in northwest ohio if youre not running a hoosier a6 in H stock (or equivalent) you arent in the top 4 in H stock

What's TIR? Is that a non R compound tire class? If so Id have loved to have that class available.

Around here in northwest ohio if youre not running a hoosier a6 in H stock (or equivalent) you arent in the top 4 in H stock

It's Open Classes, but on street tires. It's basically for those who have done the math and said, "I don't like autocross that much to be paying for $15-30/60 seconds". Good group of folks.

Thanks for the input on the 50 series tires; just need to clean up the BBS wheels, now.

Awesome...wish I had that class...(would have kept my mazda3 hatch then).

You're in luck! Looks like the SCCA is going to try out a Road Tire class. It'll probably be a few years until they nail down the PAX.

In 2 months I start STF with springs which puts me out of HS forever...but...thats not to say I wont autox my next car (probably a 2012+ mustang in a couple years)

I'm running H Stock. Did a couple of event last year in the car, I plan to run full season this time around. I'll be using the car as is for now. I plan to eventually run STF as I wear out factory tires and what not, so I'll be using the car as it came from the factory.

Yeah you can. It's either front OR rear bar. Not both.

Page 77 of the Feb 24, 2012 rule book.

Last edited:
was gonna say the same thing but didnt have the 2012 book handy at the time.

Unless you want to waste $$$ on hoosier a6's youre better off running a stock 2 in STF...it has a better index.

I'm just going to run in a TIR class, like I said before. I'm not going to Nationals and I'm not that invested in autocross emotionally to be able to blow 1k on Hoosiers.

I'm using last year's R-S3s that I pulled off of my Miata and just installed the rear bar: this year is going to be a god damn blast.

I managed to get the traction control to fire while merging onto another freeway on a cloverleaf, I guess it's good to know that DSC does do something. :v

I just ran my first AutoX and felt very competitive with a showroom stock car. The only thing that I want to do right now is upgrade tires and wheels. I am stuck on the decision between running an R comp and a ultra high performance street tire. It seems that most guys are going with the street tire index, but I don't want to mess with all the extra mods so I am leaning towards the r comps. Can anyone/everyone weigh in and share your experience/opinions.

Street tire index is the way to go. Only upgrades you can do is cat back exhaust...shocks...one sway bar...air filter..mess with camber a little.

is the dunlop start spec the tire to go with for stf? How about r-comps, what tire is favored.

Latest posts

Back