tech package turning headlights

HandA

:
Mazda3 and CX-5
I had no idea they were this cool:

I thought they'd move back and forth just a little bit.

Yeah I just noticed that last night while driving on a curvy road. Kinda like one eye ball that can move by itself.

looks like the next mercedes ones will be even fancier:

It also has what seems like the world's most complicated and sophisticated headlamps, which incorporate an optional motorized masking system for the high-beam headlamps so drivers can keep the high beams on virtually all the time.

Using it stereoscopic camera and recognition algorithms, the new Mercedes recognizes either on-coming headlamps, or the tail lamps of vehicles ahead. It then deploys a moving motorized masking system, which actively vignettes those light sources to prevent their drivers being dazzled and allow the S-class's main beams to be left on all the time. Three motors are used in each headlamp unit to allow this high-beam system to operate: one each for vertical and horizontal positioning and a third motor, which actively changes the light distribution.

marty-feldman-05.jpg

Yeah, the lights are great. Price for the tech package is worth it for the headlights alone, imo.

looks like the next mercedes ones will be even fancier:

It also has what seems like the world's most complicated and sophisticated headlamps, which incorporate an optional motorized masking system for the high-beam headlamps so drivers can keep the high beams on virtually all the time.

Using it stereoscopic camera and recognition algorithms, the new Mercedes recognizes either on-coming headlamps, or the tail lamps of vehicles ahead. It then deploys a moving motorized masking system, which actively vignettes those light sources to prevent their drivers being dazzled and allow the S-class's main beams to be left on all the time. Three motors are used in each headlamp unit to allow this high-beam system to operate: one each for vertical and horizontal positioning and a third motor, which actively changes the light distribution.

Wonder if it would work with motorcycles or pedestrians? Would totally suck if you are walking down your street and this car is riding their high beams and blinding the hell out of you the whole way.

As soon as I learned auto adaptive was an option, it was a must.
Very happy with them. My absolute favorite tech feature. The HIDs themselves are great as well. The projectors are superior to the absolute junk that is in my Speed6.

This was a must have feature when I began looking to replace my wifes old car. So glad that Mazda added this as a feature.

A +$1000 package on BMW's just for the lights alone.

The CX-5 GT w/ tech is one of the most valued packed automotive offerings out there.

Back