Tar in trunk?

sanblaster

:
2009 CWP Mazda Axela Sport & 2006 Nissan 350z
Not sure why I have gooey black tar in my trunk. Cleaning the trunk up today, lifted the fabric that covers the trunk and noticed a wet tar spot. Not only that it was seeping through the fabric. And there was little on the opposite side of the trunk as well. Is this common? Not that this is a huge deal, just though it was odd. I put plastic between it and the fabric and cleaned some of the tar off.

Tar01.JPG

Tar02.JPG

Tar03.JPG

Tar04.JPG

Not sure if it is some kind of deadening material that just has melted dude to how hot is has been, thought it was unusual because it is an isolated spot. Anyone else have tars in their sedans, lol?

I think it's from your "rust-proofing" they did. That s*** oozes out of everything. That's why I hate that stuff. The car is rust proofed with paint from the factory.

Ever figure out the source Sanman? We need closure........those of us who were diligent enough to subscribe and post.

i'll give you closure...

the dealership was stumped, managed to stump a few of the techs there, they think it is the black s*** that is in between the sheets of metal in the rear, they put it on a lift for me to see, they say if it gets worse let them know. I have plastic between what is left of the tar and trunk fabric.

so your stuck with it for now, and if it gets "worse" theyll take care of it? (uhm)

Back