Suspension Guru's needed

Titanium-99

:
2007 Diamond Graphite Infiniti G35 Coupe
I am thinking of going back to stock suspension with lowering springs or possibly sleeve overs. I currently have K-sport 36way adjustables and I just dont know enough about suspension to mess with them not to mention they are just to stiff for my taste as well as I cant seem to nail down the camber to get the car to drive straight. So I am asking what the best springs would be to get about a 1.5 drop yet all the handeling I can get. I also would like a set up that is going to be semi smooth not a whole lot of bouncing. Now the springs I am thinking of going with are the progress springs but I hear that Tein's are pretty good as well. I dont know a whole lot about gold lines or eibach's and for sleeve overs the only one's I can think of would be the skunk 2's and the Ground control's. I will eventually go back to coil overs in time but they will def. be something like awr's or JIC's where I can order them all pre adjusted and set up to where I dont have to mess with them and I can get the handeling I want straight from the manufacture. I would greatly appreciate if any of you with any insight could please comment and help me make a good decision.

thank you in advance!

..I personally would go with the Espilirs. They maintain teh same F/R ratio but are slightly stiffer and linear. So the great balance of the car will not be too upset, but it'll be lower.

Britt

So the espillers will give me great handeling in turns and cornering with the lowerd look? I want the car to be stiff and handle but I dont want to feel every crack in the road like I do with my coilovers I also dont want a really bouncy ride. I guess the stiffer the spring the better! I only want about an inch and a half drop as well so if you think the espillers will do this then maybe they are the springs for me!

look at the spring buyer's guide sticky, the Espilirs are just slightly stiffer. Ideally you want a soft spring with a stiff strut (a lot of dampning), this would likely be the best dual purpose set up without going to coilovers. You may want to throw in a set of Illuminas so you have some adjustability.

BTW coilovers are not "set" from the manufacturer. The AWRs are not adjustable, but changing ride height at each corner will disrupt handling if you do not have the car crossweighted.

I have seen dyno charts for JIC struts and not only are they unequal in rate, the customer service in America sucks. They are adjustable, for damping/compression in one knob, spring seat height, and ride height. Not a fun strut to crossweight.

Ideally if you have to have an adjustable srut, you want it to be single adjust for rebound only. Rear strut rebound rate will make the biggest overall difference in handling.

Britt

Latest posts

Back