SU's Manifold

Puckpimp71

:
1991 Taurus SHO, 2003 Black Mazdaspeed Protege
Not posting here to start an argument (deadhorse
But I went ahead and got Street Unit's manifold. Partly from time constraints, lack of certain parts/tools, and no power due to Wilma, I broke the install up over 3 days, a good portion of which was devoted to getting the intake side of the EGR pipe off the manifold (I ended up hacksawing through it) and getting the new one on the car. Basically taking off the coolant hoses from the upper hose back was necessary to get the new one in. Re-routing the vaccuum hoses was pretty straight forward and it was overrall an easy, though involved process to get everything soup to nuts finished.
Just got back from test drive and all I can say is wow. When life gets back to normal I'll dyno it, but driving at 7psi with the mani in is like 10 psi before the install. Definetly a good mod any way you slice it.

After the EGR it would've been about $100 - $200 difference after $50 and 5% discount. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. Spent a few more $$$, but f-it. It's a good mod. I could've done this for $4.99 with some JB weld and acheived superior results on the dollar. So I really don't see why everyone even thinks $325 for a new 626 manifold/EGR is a good deal.
Back on topic, however you get your hands on this manifold, it's worth while

Last edited:
damn,you shouldn't have installed it yet,you should have let tekkie use it to compare first,then installed it.

There's very little comparison. I love SU and Cullen is a great vendor. I'd gladly pay the FL sales tax to get something from him then to save 6% and order from out of state. As much as I hate to admit it, the manifolds look the same and for a few days I compared the two between Tekkie's pics and the manifold in my room. Couldn't find any significant difference between the two. Oh well.... The results make it worth it though. The only thing I'm worried about is that the support brace for the stock unit is too short for the manifold I have. I hope it doesn't put too much stress on NSN's manifold spacers.

Puckpimp71 said:
There's very little comparison. I love SU and Cullen is a great vendor. I'd gladly pay the FL sales tax to get something from him then to save 6% and order from out of state. As much as I hate to admit it, the manifolds look the same and for a few days I compared the two between Tekkie's pics and the manifold in my room. Couldn't find any significant difference between the two. Oh well.... The results make it worth it though. The only thing I'm worried about is that the support brace for the stock unit is too short for the manifold I have. I hope it doesn't put too much stress on NSN's manifold spacers.

ditch the spacer,you don't really need the,and it's better to be safe then sorry.

I'm thinking about it... I think with the motor mounts I'll be okay for the time being, then I'll rig something up to support the manifold. Spacers or not it'd be a good idea to do something about the brace. I wouldn't want the intake coming loose any way.

Back