Supership

Yeah, Superchip doesn't make an ECU for the Protege; They do, however, have a means of modifying the programming on newer Ford ECU's, now. I bet if you e-mailed them, they would inform you of how to send your ECU to them to get reflashed.

you could always get the mp3 ecu as well, but that would be alot of money for only an extra 10hp or so.

flat_black said:
Yeah, Superchip doesn't make an ECU for the Protege; They do, however, have a means of modifying the programming on newer Ford ECU's, now. I bet if you e-mailed them, they would inform you of how to send your ECU to them to get reflashed.
But isn't the P5 ECU and programming an all Mazda thing, nothing shared with Ford??

the protege ecu is a FORD part... the only one on the car if I'm not mistaken

Oh! Any one of the three should work. I have the B type (FS9N-18-881B). I have no idea what the difference would be, as the MP3's really only came with a few options.

Supership?

flat_black said:
Oh! Any one of the three should work. I have the B type (FS9N-18-881B). I have no idea what the difference would be, as the MP3's really only came with a few options.
Let mw get this right. The ford/MP3 ECU can be placed in a MP5 and it should provide a gain of 10 hp? How does that happen?
Big Dog(scratch)

Better timing and fuel control, Big Dog; Since you should be running 93 octane with the ECU, it will keep timing really advanced, and lean out the air to fuel ratio, so it doesn't bog as much or anything of the sort. That's the basic idea of how it works, at least. =) It won't give you 10hp, perse; Your milage may vary. But it will give you a little kick-in-the-pants for power. It seems to me, the ECU reacts to mods a lot better, too.

anarchistchiken said:
Havnt some people just taken their car to Mazda to get them to re-flash their ecu's to MP3 specs?
Yeah, I think I have read that. But I think you must be in good with the dealership to get them to do this. Most won't, apparently.

scorch70

RyanJayG said:
the protege ecu is a FORD part... the only one on the car if I'm not mistaken
seat belt fasteners too.

:) bet that makes ya'll feel safer now :)

Back