2017~2024 Suma Performance Side Mirrors for CX-5 Possible

Wow this is all pretty confusing. I have been away since my Suma mirrors arrived, returning tomorrow. I have 2020 CX5 GT. Should I assume that the mirrors I received won’t work on my CX5? Or do I need to unpack them and see if they fit?

Thanks.
They are wrong. Eddy didn’t make any for these 2nd gen CX-5s and CX-9s. He only made them for the other 2nd gen CX-5s and 9s 😂 If you can’t hear the sarcasm, it’s definitely there. He said he thinks he can make the correct ones still.

Wow this is all pretty confusing. I have been away since my Suma mirrors arrived, returning tomorrow. I have 2020 CX5 GT. Should I assume that the mirrors I received won’t work on my CX5? Or do I need to unpack them and see if they fit?

Thanks.

don't even unbox them. Get ahold of Eddy now.

------------
Hi CX5_Driver,

It looks like there are two different mirrors for the second gen, and we didn't make the type for later years.

We'll need to refund you. Could you use this return label (LINK) and provide us tracking#. Once we've received tracking#, we'll refund the whole amount.

I'm really sorry about that.

Eddy
-------------

BUT all hope is not lost.

----------
Hi CX5_Driver,

Yes, just confirmed that we can make it. Please sign up for email notification at the product page.

Eddy

----------------

here is the 2nd Gen product page:

Whatever came of these? Did Eddy ever make the mirrors for “newer” gen 2’s?
Looks like they are listed on his site for just $20 more than the first messed up round. I'll keep my modified versions and make sure anyone in the future knows how poor the customer service is. I like the product, but I would never be part of a first round with him again.

The first pair I was sent didn't fit right, they were too small for the opening. I contacted Eddie and he immediately refunded my money and issued a return label so, absolutely no problem with customer service. The second version became available three weeks ago and I received them a few days later. Perfect fit this time around. I encountered two minor issues with the installation I should mention. The oem connector for the BSM is a pain to get unhooked from the factory glass. Having read the Mazda instructions online, I messed around for a long time with various screwdrivers trying to get the clip unhooked with no success. The instructions are vague at best and the included drawing is worthless. Finally got them unhooked with a blunt-nosed x-acto blade inserted into the low side of the connector.

IMG-1831.jpg

The second issue was that, after the Suma mirrors were installed, I couldn't rotate the view quite far enough towards the inside with the control. I figured out there was an obstruction caused by the two prongs for the heated mirror. On the oem glass, the connectors are bent down parallel to the glass. The Suma mirrors have connectors that stick straight out, causing an interference with the inside of the mirror housing. Simple fix was to bend the prongs down 90 degrees with needle nose pliers like the factory mirrors. Like I said, just a couple of minor issues.

Overall, I'm pleased with the upgrade and appreciate the increased viewing angle. I noticed my wife didn't have to adjust the mirrors when she drove even though she's shorter and moves the seat way forward. I haven't tried driving at night yet so I can't comment on how much they reduce glare from passing cars.

I guess if I really want these blue tint outside mirrors where my 2000 BMW 528i has them from factory, I’d get them through Genuine Mazda Accessories.

Genuine Mazda Accessories fit right, work right and look good. They're built to the same standards of quality as your vehicle, and they're the only accessories backed by Mazda.

0ADBD1EC-E160-4336-B1A7-BAEB6B09D7CB.jpeg

I guess if I really want these blue tint outside mirrors where my 2000 BMW 528i has them from factory, I’d get them through Genuine Mazda Accessories.

I couldn't find a description, but from what I can tell the Mazda mirrors have an anti-glare coating but are flat like the originals and don't increase your field of view, which is the main reason I went with Suma.

I couldn't find a description, but from what I can tell the Mazda mirrors have an anti-glare coating but are flat like the originals and don't increase your field of view, which is the main reason I went with Suma.
According to a long-time member TheMAN who is very familiar with the JDM parts, these genuine Mazda blue tint hydrophilic exterior mirrors are wide angle convex for BOTH sides.

Of course you can always go to a Mazda dealer checking these mirrors out and verify.

they are most certainly for LHD USDM KF CX-5
for the money spent, I would've imported the JDM blue ones instead... they are wide angle convex for BOTH sides, and that means it doesn't matter where the steering wheel is... nearly eliminating blind spots

Auto dimming side view mirrors?

After waiting over 2 years, the Suma mirrors are finally available with a proper, redesigned, mounting system.

17+ Mazda CX-5 (2nd Gen)
Defroster + BSM

16+ CX-9 (2nd Gen)
Defroster + BSM

Ordered mine today.

You ok? I get the excitement, but 4 cut and pastes over 2 posts seems a bit much :)

Lol! Since switching to the new forum software, we now have "memory" that saves what you were typing in case your browser window crashes or your phone dies. May just be a case of typing up the post, then the browser getting hung up, so he copied the text and posted again. No worries, all cleaned up now.

That's exactly what happened. I definitely noticed some differences when trying to post. Thought my computer was having problems or that I had forgotten everything I know about posting on this forum.

Thanks for getting rid of my excessive wording. I tried to go back and undo it but was unsuccessful.

BTW, sorry I upset Candurin. :)

After waiting over 2 years, the Suma mirrors are finally available with a proper, redesigned, mounting system.

17+ Mazda CX-5 (2nd Gen)
Defroster + BSM

16+ CX-9 (2nd Gen)
Defroster + BSM

Ordered mine today.

I had picked up similar mirrors for my old 2012 GTi...Loved them.

I have a 2021 CE and want the mirror with BSM. They only sell heated or heated + BSM. If I get the heated + BSM will the BSM still function properly?

Back