Stumbling/Sputtering Under Acceleration

YlwMSP

:
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege
When driving under light throttle, the car stumbles and goes super lean. It hits 17.2 and loses all power, then it shoots to 10.2 afr. I've cleaned out the MAF and hasnt bad a difference. It seems to happen around the same amount of throttle.

I have no codes other than my VTCS and secondary O2 sensor, which I've had for a while now.

I've also found another thread where it seems to be having the same symptoms, but the OP's fix will not work since I do not have the part that was causing his issue.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123795161-Car-randomly-sputters-runs-lean

I'm lost as to where to go from here, any help would be appreciated.

Mods: ebay FMIC, 3" pope dp, 3" corksport catless exhaust, forge unos mbc, SSAFC with stock supermap, Prosport boost and Wideband AFR gauge with Bosch wideband

The secondary O2 is from the corksport exhaust being catless and having to install that no fouler thing which pulls the sensor out further

Last edited:
Yeah, I knew that. I put some seafoam in the gas tank and I'm letting that run through. It only happens when I'm accelerating normally, or when I'm cruising at highway speeds.

I ended up putting some seafoam in the gas tank and it doesn't do it anymore. It still goes kinda rich though when I shift

Back