stuck in the middle of a FMIC install need help!!!

yellowmsp035

:
Yellow 2003.5 MSP
hey i didnt search becuase im trying to get the quickest results possible since i need to get this install done so i can go to work in the morning.... so i bought the Hiboost kit and im piping now to the TB and i have run into a problem... i dont have a CAI and in all the instruction pics it shows one but i thought that was just on the tester car... now the problem is, is that i cant get the IC pipes past the stock airbox, MAF, and intake pipe.... do i need an AEM or Injen CAI to route the pipes back or is there a trick to getting past the stock intake system???
thanks any help is much appreciated

I think the big problem is the size of the airbox...if i remember correctly that's one big SOB, so get yourself an AEM or K&N filter locally, and I think you'll have a lot easier time installing. If the stock tubing to the airbox is a problem too, you could get separate pieces of piping and couplers to rig up an intake too.

Before getting my intake, i had some no-name brand filter just stuck onto the end of the plastic intake piping, with the IAT sensor stuck into the end of the filter. If you can remove the airbox and have enough clearance with the stock pipes, thats probably the easier alternative at this point.

no i know that... im just trying to figure out if it even possible to install with only stock materials and parts as it is getting very late and i have no time to go to a shop and i need my car bright and early for the morning to get to work... i will buy an injen tomorrow but i need a fix now to get me to the shop tomorrow after work

yellowmsp035 said:
no i know that... im just trying to figure out if it even possible to install with only stock materials and parts as it is getting very late and i have no time to go to a shop and i need my car bright and early for the morning to get to work... i will buy an injen tomorrow but i need a fix now to get me to the shop tomorrow after work

Pictures would be a huge help

ok i received my CAI (had to drive my gf car for a day) and installed that and now the pipe to the throttle body with the BPV/BOV on it isnt lining up with the 45 degree angle pipe... i have the hiboost kit by the way... has anybody ever needed to do any cutting the install... like it is out 3 inches or so and all my pipes are tight together inside the couplers... i dont understand

Back