Strut Brace at Good Price!

Chris_Top_Her

Banned
Contributor
:
San Antonio, Texas
:
'15 CX-5 Miata AWD
Went ahead and picked up one of those Ultra Racing strut bars as a Christmas present... Good price and free shipping - https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned) That price is lower that the nextgentuning one and free shipping. It looks like ultra racing is also selling through ebay themselves, they have the lower bars on there too.

Last edited:
Cool, I asked it if fits a '14 GT 2.5. Waiting for an answer...

Pretty sure the suspension and bolting points are the same, you could always ask at the dealership if they take too long to respond.

Anyone seen this. I contacted the seller to see if he will ship to the US.

http://page12.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/p376313547

480x320-2013021500001-84.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Chris for the heads up!Just ordered me one for the wife's ride.Merry Christmas to me!

Buy it now. Make an offer usually is like we will take off $5 (they are already giving fre shipping from malay which probably bundled in the price

I also recieved mine for my wifes car.Looks well made,it was very easy to install.Maybe 10-11 mins.I put lock-tite back on the four nuts i removed.Thanks again Chris

37-43 ft-lb for the 3 nuts for those who want specified tightening. I'll probably get the lower bar to complete the box but I need to double check to make sure It won't interfere with underbody cladding. https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Last edited:
It may have reduced lean while turning, because I was able to do a power slide (on accident) going through a large 45deg intersection to highway I travel a lot. Usually when I go through it hard high 1st to second I am just at the dge of a slide and a hard turn/screech. I did not get to test the performance on the highway I like to travel because of possible black ice on the turns that I would use to gauge it (35-43 degrees here the last week or so).

Basically this is the area I like to drive, it's actually some good turns for about 15 miles past where it cuts off (north) mostly turns like that.

Tomorrow I will pass there from class if the temp is above 49 ill see.

I wanted to drive it a bit before I made a conclusion: it is worth $108 and in my vehicle and setup there is a noticeable difference.

I wanted to drive it a bit before I made a conclusion: it is worth $108 and in my vehicle and setup there is a noticeable difference.

How would you describe "noticeable difference" in more detail? what/how is it different.

How would you describe "noticeable difference" in more detail? what/how is it different.

Most noticeable for my set up (see sig) is that when making relatively sharp high speed curves, the springs have less to no "lateral movement" compared to the same conditions prior to getting the bar. If that makes any sense I don't know the technical term. I also can do a powerslide more smoothly around a corner. Next, I will be getting the rear lower (or rear STB if I can find a non AUTOEXE one to expensive after shipping), and then the lower front.

Last edited:
Good find! I was wondering if anyone made a strut brace for the CX5 because I want to get one. I put one on my 2009 Hyundai Accent & it made a noticeable difference in the ride & handling. Not drastic but noticeable, mostly on bumpy corners. Instead of feeling chassis flex & twist & bouncing back through the steering wheel it felt solid, smooth & responsive, like the front of the car was one solid piece. If I get the same results on my CX5 it will be well worth the money. I know the chassis technology of the CX5 is way ahead of my Hyundai so the difference may not be as noticeable.

Back