2019 CX-5 Front strut tower brace suggestions?

Interested in a onepiece/welded front strut tower brace, any suggestions on brands and online retailers?

What are your opinions on
Autoexe - https://www.amazdaonline.com/eshop/mazda-cx5-kf/88-autoexe-strut-tower-bar-mkf4000.html

Ultra Racing -

Tsuyoi - https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

No brand -

@Catch22 not to dissuade you to how to spend your money.. and not sure what you are trying to accomplish with this modification .. you might want to read:
and

on topic:
Ultra Racing - well known; well supported
Autoexe - perhaps a bit less well supported but pretty well known

Interested in a onepiece/welded front strut tower brace, any suggestions on brands and online retailers?

What are your opinions on
Autoexe - https://www.amazdaonline.com/eshop/mazda-cx5-kf/88-autoexe-strut-tower-bar-mkf4000.html

Ultra Racing -

Tsuyoi - https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

No brand -
The suspension design should be similar between gen-1 CX-5 and gen-2 CX-5. The front strut tower brace that you’re looking for is similar to those used on gen-1 CX-5. Search with key words for those posts by Chris_Top_Her who had been doing many suspension mod for his 2015 CX-5.

I use ultra racing myself. All they make are chassis bars. I have all except the two middle brace and the rear frame brace. Autoexe has a set as well, but they come from Japan and cost a lot more (japanparts.com). Of course these are mainly for reducing metal fatigue over time and during high shock events (like running over a curb or huge pothole), or even a fender bender. The more you add the NVH will go up. These are not substitutes or equivalent to a stiffer suspension however. Although the decrease in chassis flex always helps with alignment during cornering and grip by reducing rolling moments.

I would recommend a strut tower bar and front lower arm bar just because the strut towers bear a lot of load and are vulnerable to fatigue from regular driving the most (which can affect alignment as the miles go up).
They reduce flexing between the tower struts in cornering, which can help keep wheel alignment in check while doing a hard corner. Over time the little stresses can cause mm of movement in the shock tower (and if you keep your car long or drive it hard, could actually affect alignment). If you put a stb on a car, cut it down the middle and jack one side, on most cars the bar will become uneven; basically this is an illustration of what a rigid (not hinged) stb does, on a much smaller scale. It's not something you put on your car and notice a huge difference like say a stiffer sway bar (on a worn out old car probably but not a new one). They (braces) also become an absorber in an impact. Potentially preventing/lessening chassis damage depending on the bar location/hit.
All aftermarket chassis parts for the cx-5 work with any model year. The only limitations are does the item specific fits only this - engine (2.5, 2.0 2.2Diesel), or drivetrain (awd, fwd) specific? You can find chassis bracing from Ultra Racing, Auto EXE and I think just an STB from Tanabe. Check the link in my sig. Ultra Racing bars are about the same as auto exe in price, however autoexe have very high shipping costs, I'm talking $150 or more to ship an STB state side. You can get the UR STB for $138 shipped from various vendors on ebay ULTRARACINGMY and am_motorsport are both aurhtoized UR dealers, I got my 3 bars from them. None of the bars interfere with anything, hitch included (the corksport/racingbeep exhausts also work with the hitch). I have the front stb, lower front, and lower rear (the aft bar). Note that If you have AWD, you can only use one of the rear lower arms, the furthest aft (near the exhaust) "UR-RL2-2136". If you have FWD and want the more forward bar, you have to contact the seller. I wouldn't buy anything more than and STB (well the lower front arm will complete a box around the struts/coils/tower) if you don't drive your vehicle hard. Most of those will only have an affect at high speed cornering, or big weight transfers (power on turns from a stop, powerslide, etc) or a stiffer rear sway bar.

The link also has a chart for autoexe, they offer more types of bracing

$_12.JPG

It would be unusual for SUV tires to create the forces that would make chassis braces worthwhile.

The bars that have bends are likely little stiffer than the OEM strut bar. Chassis braces are intended to prevent or limit the first mm or 2 of flex, so stiffness is all important and strength is not important.

Good day! Im searching the market for a decent strut bar for a Mazda CX-5...
Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Ive been on the fence with strut bars as well.

I had a Neuspeed one on my crv, which was known to have the spring perches tear out when lowered. So I got one for that reason. I felt it also helped with rigidity and handling.

My Audi (A4 Ultrasport) had one from the factory as part of the sport suspension. But the perches were also connected as part of the unibody.

If you look closely at our CX-5's, the front strut perches are already tied together via the unibody. Although I love the autoexe offerings, it's hard to justify hundreds of dollars on a redundant brace.

I have a strut tower brace on my '16 Mazda6.
This car has a observable (to me) vibration when accelerating on incline roadways.
This vibration showed up even when it was new (only found it weeks after purchase).
This does not happen on my '14 Mazda3, '17 CX5.
Both of them have 2.5L engine (same as the Mazda6) and transmission.
Could not find a solution to that.
Dealer said it is normal. Indeed, I test-drove another Mazda6 and it was there also, but lesser than mine. Maye some sort of fitment issue of powertrain.

I decided to try strut tower brace.
It helps tame it down.

After 50K miles, the vibration got better over the years. However, it is still there.
I love my Mazda6 except for that annoying vibration per se.

The strut tower brace helps reduce this vibration.

Back