Strawberry champagne??

2K3 MSP

Contributor
:
Spicy Orange MSP #1287
I know this is a longshot, but someone on this site always seems to have an answer for my random questions...
On New Year's Eve, my fiance and I had a party and someone brought a bottle of champagne that had a great strawberry flavor. My fiance wants it for our wedding (which is only 2 weeks away now) and we cannot find this stuff anywhere. I'm not big on champagne and wine, and don't feel like buying every bottle I see to taste-test it. Does anyone know off hand who makes it, or what it's called? We tried pink Champagne, and a white zin that said it had a fruity taste, but neither was what we wanted...Any one know what I'm talking about???

There's several brands of flavored sparkling wine out there. Try searching for strawberry sparkling wine instead of stawberry Champagne. Champagne is only made in Champagne, France, and I doubt many (or any at all) Champagne vintners produce flavored Champagne. 'Champagne' from everywhere else is called sparkling wine.

Why don't you just ask the person from your party what they brought?

Dom Perignon 1996 Rose champagne that has quite the berry and floral qualities, but it is also about $400.00 a bottle. Veuve Cliquot La Grande Dame has a citrus/floral quality...but it's not very berry at all.

But I'm with Jersey EMT - I'm guessing it was a sparkling wine that was served.

I just did a quick search and came up with these:

Beringer Vineyards Sparkling White Zinfandel
Goosecross Cellars Sparkling Wine

But this might fit the bill - good review, great price per bottle:

http://www.wine.com/wineshop/product_detail.asp?PProduct_ID=PDXCANICOLAS98BUCKET

Nicolas Feuillatte Rose Champagne and Ice Bucket

Exquisite Rose Champagne paired with an elegant chilling bucket designed specifically to serve sparkling wine. This Rose is the signature of Nicolas Feuillatte; intense, impertinent pleasure! There is simply no other Rose Champagne like this cuve it explodes in the glass with vivid aromas and flavors of raspberry, strawberry and red currants.

I know it's probably not what you're looking for, but Melbourn Brothers makes a Strawberry Lambic that is pretty tasty. It's about 6 bucks for a 12oz bottle, which is fairly expensive, but it tastes pretty smooth and tart at the same time.

We couldn't track down ANYTHING close to what we had. Not even a strawberry sparkling wine. After discussing our issue with a guy at BevMo, we bought some Ballatore red spumante. It doesn't taste like strawberries, but it sure is fruity, and it was only like $6 a bottle. Thanks for your guys' input :)

2K3 MSP said:
We couldn't track down ANYTHING close to what we had. Not even a strawberry sparkling wine. After discussing our issue with a guy at BevMo, we bought some Ballatore red spumante. It doesn't taste like strawberries, but it sure is fruity, and it was only like $6 a bottle. Thanks for your guys' input :)
Well that sucks...he couldn't get the Nicolas Feuillatte rose champagne?

Back