Strange noise from left rear interior when going over bumps 2018 cx5 gt

:
2018 cx5 GT
Hey everyone
2018 cx5 gt with only 3000 miles
I was driving to work last week and all of a sudden I heard what sounded like a shuffling type noise from the left rear interior of the car. This was driving on a bumpy road going about 30mph. It sounds like lets say when you would rub your hand on your pants back and forth (hard to describe) but a quick couple of those on each bump, like a vibration but with that sound. Nothing I have ever heard before. Maybe something is loose? I checked everywhere in the back and couldnt find anything loose. Now since then it happens over every bump even going up to 60mph on the highway. Its not really loud but its noticeable.
I sat in the back seat while my dad drove and I couldnt even hear it which was strange. I also would crack the front and rear window separately to see if it was maybe the window making the noise. That didnt change anything.
Im going to have the dealer look at it in a couple weeks. But if anyone has any ideas that would be great.
I can hear it over my left shoulder
Thanks!

Hey everyone
2018 cx5 gt with only 3000 miles
I was driving to work last week and all of a sudden I heard what sounded like a shuffling type noise from the left rear interior of the car. This was driving on a bumpy road going about 30mph. It sounds like let*s say when you would rub your hand on your pants back and forth (hard to describe) but a quick couple of those on each bump, like a vibration but with that sound. Nothing I have ever heard before. Maybe something is loose? I checked everywhere in the back and couldn*t find anything loose. Now since then it happens over every bump even going up to 60mph on the highway. It*s not really loud but it*s noticeable.
I sat in the back seat while my dad drove and I couldn*t even hear it which was strange. I also would crack the front and rear window separately to see if it was maybe the window making the noise. That didn*t change anything.
I*m going to have the dealer look at it in a couple weeks. But if anyone has any ideas that would be great.
I can hear it over my left shoulder
Thanks!

I hear the same thing. Not sure exactly what causes it but I figured its a normal suspension component sound.

Seat belt rubbing on something? Try driving (in a safe area of course) without the seat belt on and see if you hear it.

I hear the same thing. Not sure exactly what causes it but I figured its a normal suspension component sound.

Ya it is weird at Times it*s quieter, but if the radio is on at least I don*t hear it. Just weird how it all of a sudden happend.

And ya I*ll try it without my seatbelt on and see.

I think I know what it is. I drove down the same road that makes the sound with the left rear window open. I didn*t hear anything at all. I then closed it and it was quiet also after that. I wonder if the glass run seal is a bit loose and the window is making sound inside it ?

Never mind sound is still there. Even my 5 year old asked me what that sound was lol. It sounds like it*s from inside the headliner over the left rear door or in the door. It*s weird it didn*t slowly start it was instant over a bump and now happens all the time. Strange. I*m at a loss really.
I have a oil change in 2 weeks so I*ll see if they can figure it out.

I poked around some more as at times it sounds like a vibration type noise. And I was banking on trim and doors etc. I tapped the trim cover that goes over where the seatbelt goes into the floor. Just behind the driver. And when I tapped it it made a vibration noise that sounded like what it may be. I remember reading someone had this issue with the passenger side. Looks like there*s are wires for the seatbelt under there. Going to pop off the trim it*s only one clip, tonite and stuff some foam in there or wrap the wires. See how that works.

Back