Straight pipe anyone?

!! Oh yeah it does it justice. With the barrage of family that has recently came into town, i've yet to get a solid time to sit at my computer and rip this audio for you, but dude it sounds awesome when I plug my headphones into my phone to listen to it. You can also hear my cold air intake suck in air LOL - quite sexy in my own opinion.

I think this is definitely the way to go for you. I'll be ignoring my family tonight. Consider it posted tonight!

haha! i like my SRI. bad for the excess heat down here but good for when its raining so i dont end up hydrolocking in a small puddle which is half of the year. sounds nice too.

(omg).......that sounds dirty and the CAI just makes it even better! i hope u dont mind if i steal ur setup if i end up doing that cuz that sounds pretty damn close to what i'm looking for. I like the deepness and how it does that little whistle when its reving down. SEXY just like u said lol

Clip was well worth the wait. (2thumbs)

Last edited:
kewl, glad you like it. There is no other car around me that sounds like mine - they all have that nasty fartbox of a muffler that sounds so crackly and pitchy - where my exhaust has that deep and firm sound. I'm glad I had experimented with it.

I know that when I had performed this setup when I had lived in florida - the cops didn't like me much and they gave me a lot of unwanted attention....that's Clearwater for ya...... - did I mention I was roasting the tires around corners as well? LOL

Last edited:
I know that when I had performed this setup when I had lived in florida - the cops didn't like me much and they gave me a lot of unwanted attention....that's Clearwater for ya...... - did I mention I was roasting the tires around corners as well? LOL

thats pinellas and hillsborough for ya. honda central, USA.

And cops are getting biased down here. they dont really stop the straight pipe muscles but they are ticketing even srt-4's and evo's with stock exhaust just cuz its nice and loud. one look and they think its illegal.

I'm running a 2.5 straight pipe with a obx header low RPM its kinda weak but a deep nice sound IMO...after after 3K RMP you do feel more HP kicking in IMO its worth it for the money you save...

I'm running a 2.5 straight pipe with a obx header low RPM its kinda weak but a deep nice sound IMO...after after 3K RMP you do feel more HP kicking in IMO its worth it for the money you save...

How loud is it witht he headers? cuz thats the next mod after i get the exhaust setup down and installed...

(trying to get as much info)(popcorn)

Do you all think that it will sound alright if I just take off my stock muffler. (everything else is stock)

My friend did this w/ his Grand Am GT and it actually sounded pretty good. A noticeable difference too.

Do you all think that it will sound alright if I just take off my stock muffler. (everything else is stock)

My friend did this w/ his Grand Am GT and it actually sounded pretty good. A noticeable difference too.

What for? I highly doubt there will be any power gained from removing the muffler. Removing a cat (or 2) and ya, sure. But not from removing a muffler.

Well there would be less restriction.. which = more HP

But, I dunno. Probably wouldn't notice too much w/ this car.

With my friend's car there was a noticeable difference!

Too bad the thing is wrecked.. GA GT's are badass!

The gain would be *maybe* 1 hp. That is not a noticeable difference. I'm not trying to be a dick, but thats ridiculous.

well yeah it might sound better but you have to think that its a different car, chassis (affects piping) and engine.

Back