Stock Wheel + Tire Combo weight

inspekt

:
2012 Mazda2 Touring MT, 2003 Protege5 MT
Has anyone weighed the stock wheel/tire combo for the Touring Model?

Thank you kindly - I'm wanting to match or best (lower) that weight with my next set of wheels.

This is for the 15" with 185/55 yes?

On my Yozora with t1r's 195/45r16 the toyos are 17lbs...Don't know what the stock rims are on mine.. I should weigh them

FWIW and YMMV,

The best use of a bathroom scale is to weigh yourself. Then pick up the wheel/tire and weigh yourself with the wheel/tire and calculate the difference.

Most scales are the most accurate in the middle of their range and 35 lbs is out of the middle by itself.

John

FWIW and YMMV,

The best use of a bathroom scale is to weigh yourself. Then pick up the wheel/tire and weigh yourself with the wheel/tire and calculate the difference.

Most scales are the most accurate in the middle of their range and 35 lbs is out of the middle by itself.

John

x2 agreed

just picked up a set of motegi 2.0 traklite 15x7 +35 @ 10lbs looking at dunlop direzza's @18lbs ..much lighter than stock aluminum wheels/tire combo

Last edited:
Got pics of this combo?

heres a pic of the wheel and ill find a file photo of a dunlops

motegitraklite201.jpg

images2.jpg
images3.jpg

Last edited:
Per Mazda + homework, stock Touring wheels are 16.5 lbs, tires 16 lbs.
Sport wheels about 3/4 lbs less;
Dunlop Direzza 195x50x15 are 18 lbs/per Tire Rack
Dunlop Direzza 205x50x15 are 21 lbs/per Tire Rack
And yes, I asked them why the difference. No good response but said this was right.
Have 195x50x15s Dunlop on stock wheels; be sure to get the Star Direzzas. Big difference.

inspekt:5930160 said:
Has anyone weighed the stock wheel/tire combo for the Touring Model?
I just weighed my stock wheels and tires and they r 34.5 pounds that is the 15 inch aluminum wheels that came original with my sport touring

Per Mazda + homework, stock Touring wheels are 16.5 lbs, tires 16 lbs.
Sport wheels about 3/4 lbs less;
Dunlop Direzza 195x50x15 are 18 lbs/per Tire Rack
Dunlop Direzza 205x50x15 are 21 lbs/per Tire Rack
And yes, I asked them why the difference. No good response but said this was right.
Have 195x50x15s Dunlop on stock wheels; be sure to get the Star Direzzas. Big difference.

havnt seen a stock tire under 18lbs tire rack doesnt show my tires for correct weight so 16lbs is low imo
as for stock rims again 16lbs is low according to my homework ive found them to be closer to 18 but im going to remove one and weigh it to find out for sure..

my homework says 32-36lbs overall weight new.. eitherway 28lbs is still lighter than stock enough for possible improved milage and throttle response ? but im also looking at toyo proxes-4

Last edited:
well as stated elsewhere i have settled on toyo proxes 4 195/50x15 17lbs overall better than average rating and a good wet tire and since i live in a rain forest its a good thing they are lol

Toyo-Proxes-41.jpg

Last edited:
i have the traklite 1.0 15 x 7 ( polished!) with nitto neogens 205/50/15's and they weighed in at 29 lbs each

id be happy with 29lbs but hoping for less obviously if advertised weight is correct then they should be 27ish they are a smaller tire

I'm going to be at a shop tomorrow with a proper scale - I'm going to weigh myself, then myself holding a stock touring wheel+stock tire, then myself holding a 16" wheel with 205/45/16s. That should give some definitive weights to benchmark against for people shopping for wheel+tire combinations by weight in relation to the stockers.

Back