Stock Mazdaspeed3 wheel center cap question

JingChuan

Vitriolist
:
2012 Mazda 5 GT
Has anyone removed the center caps from their stock wheels and replaced them? IF so, is there a metal tension ring that keeps the cap in place, or is it just held in there by the barbed plastic tabs? I think I cooked all of mine out, and now they won't go back in. Or more precisely, they go back in, but just fall right back out.

Forgetting to take out center caps on track day = fail

No they have tension tabs that are plastic if your not careful they break off and your'll need to get new ones.

i broke some of the tabs after taking mine off to paint my rims. just used light glue bcuz i dont plan on taking them off anytime soon. looks fine

lost the back drivers side cap its been driving me insane looking at it.... hate that s***.... u know where u can order a replacement?

I lost all four of my originals after my first track day with this car...I too had forgotten to remove them, and they melted off.
laugh.gif

Sorry to revive an old thread? But does anyone know the part number for 1st gen MS3 wheel center caps? I already got one set on ebay that didn't fit :)

Back