Stock HU + electrical probs

ProFiver

:
2003.5 Silver Protege5, 2006 black Charger
so i got my sylfex aux mod and i was going to install it. took off the MD/TAPE cover, side pieces on the stock HU. stuck two small screw drivers in and pushed them to the sides and tried to pull the HU out. no luck. 20 mins...no luck, so i gave up. stereo keys here i come.

anyway i tried to turn the radio on and it wasn't powering on. no lights no nothing. then i noticed the dash board and dome lights weren't working either.

anyone ever had this happen? i'm thinking blown fuse? i didn't unplug the battery while trying to remove the HU.

yes i tried the search.

ProFiver said:
so i got my sylfex aux mod and i was going to install it. took off the MD/TAPE cover, side pieces on the stock HU. stuck two small screw drivers in and pushed them to the sides and tried to pull the HU out. no luck. 20 mins...no luck, so i gave up. stereo keys here i come.

anyway i tried to turn the radio on and it wasn't powering on. no lights no nothing. then i noticed the dash board and dome lights weren't working either.

anyone ever had this happen? i'm thinking blown fuse? i didn't unplug the battery while trying to remove the HU.

yes i tried the search.

Hmm since you didn't actually get hte head unit out I don't know how that could have caused anything. Sounds like you blew a fuse.

thanks for the reply Chris.

i checked the fuses, none of them are blown. another thing i noticed my trip odometer resets itself every time i turn off the engine.

i think imite have shorted the stereo when i tried to pul it out

blaaaaaaaaaaaT!! going to the dealership to see if they can find the culprit.

im pretty sure your radio/interior lighting fuse is blown. happened to me too. did you take it out and look at it?

i looked at all the fuses in fuse box in the engine compartment on the right side. all the little copper contact things are still intact. is there another fuse box in the car?

yes this fuse is located in the driver side kick panel (by your left foot) behind a little plastic door.

ProFiver said:
another thing i noticed my trip odometer resets itself every time i turn off the engine.

good luck checking the other fuses, I guarantee you blew the "interior" fuse. Does your keyless entry work right now? I think it might be tied into that too.

That's why they always say to disconnect the battery before doing stereo stuff, but well.. of course no one does.

yup the remote doesn't work. hot stuff i'll check the other fuse box. thanks for the tip.

what's up with everyone's info...there's some weird stuff in it. wet dream?

ProFiver said:
yup the remote doesn't work. hot stuff i'll check the other fuse box. thanks for the tip.

what's up with everyone's info...there's some weird stuff in it. wet dream?

Forum bug, just disregard it.

Back