Still have the hots for my 2008 CX-9 GT

Just went to the store to get some snacks. Was pondering what a good vehicle this has been.
It just sits in the garage mostly because I have my work car and my wife has her car to drive. Its great though for road trips!
94 on the ticker. Gonna do 4 rotors this spring, maybe flush the coolant. Already did the spark plugs and both belts.
Literally has been the perfect vehicle. Still looks good too despite my kids efforts.
Took the Yakima bike tray off the top for the winter.

(naughty)

Last edited:
Good to hear!!! I notice you have a FWD... it seems had Mazda made the the transfer case more serviceable on the AWD models it would have made those models fairly maintenance or trouble free as well.

Otherwise in pristine, mint condition, my 08 CX-9 AWD GT split it's transfer case at 122K miles. The estimators at CarMax couldn't believe how spotless and immaculate it was when I came in for a trade-in offer. Little did she know only the front wheels were driving when she test drove it. Good luck!

Fortunately I did a lot of research before our purchase and elected to make sure to NOT get an awd version specifically due to transfer case failures. Otherwise I'm sure I'd be in the same Ford transfer case boat.

Back