Stereo Wire Schematic

kwaits92

:
2011 Mazda2
Hope this answers any questions anyone has.

Can thank Derrick from Corksport for this!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    646.6 KB · Views: 2,134
One thing I haven't seen on any schematics yet is the headphone jack lead in the harness...anyone know which wire that one is? I didn't look too hard when I did my install, but I imagine it might be a little bit bigger in diameter than the others...like a headphone cable size maybe...

cool, thanks. My deck has a stereo jack input...I'd like to splice the wire and connect if at all possible to use that jack in the console...

I bought a kanatech install kit and have a few questions.
1. Where can I connect the grounding black wire to?
2. How do I know if the VSS speed sensor and the parking light sensor are in the factory stock harnass (in your schematic, it said they are not present)
3. Do I really need to disconnect the negative grounding of the battery?
4. Is there a way to keep the factory AUX input?

The parking brake and speed pulse are located on the stock to aftermarket adapter that should come with your kanatech.
The black wire you can crimp to the black wire on the adapter.
Until some one creates a way you cannot keep the aux input.

It always best to disconnect the battery when working with wiring/electronics regardless of what anyone says.
However it's not always necessary.
When working with stereo I would and I did.

I will note that I created a bypass for my parking brake so I did not have I search for that wire and I didn't need the speed pulse.
The VSS is located behind the Tach (that's what I've heard) and the kanatech should tell you where to locate the parking brake wire.

In your attached picture, there are 3 wires coming from the adaptor, speed pulse signal is one of them but it said that do not use since no signal is in the vehicle wiring connection, so what does it mean?

It's simply stating not to use those wires unless needed.
Such as my Double Din DVD player requires the parking brake signal because it restricts the viewing of videos unless the car is parked. So some aftermarket stereos will use those. It's simply telling you what wires do what but those three are not required unless specified by your aftermarket stereo.

Since I bought the kit from Japan, it is all in Japanese, I don't quite understand the instruction. So if I need to use the speed signal, I can use the wire coming from the adaptor, is it? but why there is a drawing showing where to tap the vss wiring behind the wheel?

Because the VSS is behind the gauge cluster. So if you need it then you have to take that apart as well.

Latest posts

Back