Steedspeed turbo mani, stage 3 integral cams, SR Motorsports cam gears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Outlawstar98

:
2003 MazdaSpeed Protege / 2013 BRZ
Stage 3 Cams and SR Cam Gears (never used or installed) NOW 850!
Just stage 3 cams; 750$ SHIPPED
Just SR Cams; 180$ SHIPPED

Everything is OBO (or Best Offer) and sold AS-IS.

{Steedspeed sold}

385203_10151240042234748_1686492471_n.jpg

Last edited:
Is that what you send to canada? Send my privat messag
Sorry I do not really speak English, I use a translator

these cams are NOT a good choice for n/a applications. they are for higher boost applications with a piggy back ecu or a stand alone.

these cams are NOT a good choice for n/a applications. they are for higher boost applications with a piggy back ecu or a stand alone.

That is a little misleading...These are very aggressive cams, but could be used properly for NA...also, a piggy back actually has nothing to do with it...as i don't know of a single piggy back option that gives rev limit control...and that is really the deciding issue when it comes to radical cam profiles...

The biggest question for NA vs FI is 'fixed' overlap...as in, the stock overlap ground into the cams when used with factory non-adjustable cam gears...Turbo setups do not tolerate much overlap, NA setups thrive on it...Overlap can be adjusted by use of cam gears, which are included in this sale...so if using these cams for NA, you can theoretically dial in what you need (although, not positive those gears work with the factory ECU)...but little or no overlap doesn't make them unusable on NA, just makes the gains no where near as big...i'm unfamiliar with integrals fixed overlap numbers between their stages, though.

in either case...for NA at least...these would likely compliment a standalone ecu much better than the factory system...as increasing the rev limit is exactly how you take advantage of large duration cams...with turbo and little neutral overlap...they're going to let A LOT more air into the engine under boost, even with the factory rev limit...you'll be fine, and happy...

i'm not trying to interfere with the sale...but this forum, and particularly the 3rd gen proteges...have a long and dark history of custom cams being tossed around with members not fully understanding what they are buying...I would advise any members looking to buy these to gather all necessary information on the cam specs before purchasing...Integral stage 3's have been used with a lot of success by some members, but they are usually placed in pretty radical builds that have the necessary means to adjust certain things...Bolting these in a stock MSP or P5 with little or no other mods...with no real knowledge or understanding of cam timing or how this stuff works...isn't ideal...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back