Stalling out Plz Help

Stormyswords

:
03 mazdaspeed protege
so my alternator belt snapped on my way to work the other day so i took it to the shop and got that fixed, then they mysteriously found a crack on the top of my radiator replaced that. Only to find when they started the car it would hit about 3000 rpms then the rpms would shoot down and stall out. They tried to tell me it was the alternator so i replaced that and I still have the same problem, which i ironicly didnt have prior to going to the shop. if anyone has any iudea i would really apprieciate it i love the car and been stuck driving an equinox that i cant stand for about a week and a half now

isn't there a plug on the alternator? Is that plugged up? Throwing any codes? Like protege3690 asked, do you still have stock IC pipes? If so, they could have bumped and broke something when replacing the radiator. It doesn't take much this days to crack them since they are approaching 10 years of heat cycling from driving.

thanks for all the ideas took it to my regular guy here got it working in an hour. the dumb@$$ who put in the rad orginally never installed it right didnt connect some of the hoses right. needless to say not taking nit back to that shop again

Back