stalling idle on decleration and vacuum affected

Zack

:
1996 Pontiac Trans Am--2003.5 MSP
heres a vid of the issue http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jI3sLRz8Ec

it happens in neutral and coming to a stop while under load. all when warmed up

what could be causing the leak at this time. Notice the vacuum levels off to 20+ so its not like its a consistent leak. Also my fuel economy has been s*** too. all since putting in the fmic

any idea where to check ?! Ive sprayed carb cleaner on the couplers for my IC and hard pipes and vacuum lines as well as inspect them. Cleaned the EGR and MAF the other day.

mods are in the sig + turbolife fmic, (ms3)forge bpv and unichip that ive noticed I havent added in the sig long time ago

So it started as soon as you installed the intercooler, maybe you installed it wrong somewhere and there is a leak at a coupler.

I just wanted to say your doing it wrong. (evil)

Stock BPV setup?

I'd say you're on the right track looking for a vac/boost leak.

Double check all couplers, etc, etc like you have.

you probably messed up your waste gate. Blow into the diaphram to see if its holding pressure. If its messed up just buy the atp one.

Stock BPV setup?

I'd say you're on the right track looking for a vac/boost leak.

Double check all couplers, etc, etc like you have.

nah, Im running a forge bpv from an ms3

Maybe its the unichip? Try disconnecting the unichuip and see if it still happens.

well Ive ran with it turned off same results

you probably messed up your waste gate. Blow into the diaphram to see if its holding pressure. If its messed up just buy the atp one.

whats the trick to this? if there is resistance when blowing its still good, right?

nah, Im running a forge bpv from an ms3

well Ive ran with it turned off same results

whats the trick to this? if there is resistance when blowing its still good, right?

you should not be able to blow through it....

cant blow through it. Im just gonna take the bumper off tomorrow and recheck all the couplers on the fmic

It was lagging like it had to much fuel. It seemed a little heavy. Definately believable that there is a leak after the MAF.

like I said, just gonna recheck all the couplers tomorrow. also gonna cut out more space on the car for the couplers at the end tanks. Was a snug fit putting them in. Got a grinder at work to make short work of it

well I took fmic and piping off put back together. no tears or cracks in the couplers and Im still getting the issue. now I have a trouble code p0335-crankshaft positon sensor "a" circuit

**** this car

WTF crank sensor? That's an odd one. do you happen to have an oil leak toward the crank pulley.

Turning it off on the switch does nothing, pull the Unichip completely out. That code pops up on faulty harnesses at times. Check the intake/exhaust manifold hardware to make sure they are there and tight.

well I found the leak during a leak down test.
7525_168031026286_500746286_4188992_2993799_n.jpg

thing is, its not a faulty bpv because there was no issue present on my friends ms3 when he tried it out. Here is my reasoning for the leak.

I have an atp greddy adapter flange for a speed3/6 fabricated onto my cold pipe so I can use the Forge BPV
ATP-MS6-003_450-1.jpg

6420_139404596286_500746286_3789743_7977530_n.jpg

now heres the things. I think the flange I have has a bore opening larger than that of the stock ms3 and larger than the forge bpv so air is being forced into the body of the valve and leaked out of where the bubbles are seen. also, seeing that the adapter flange is not flat and smooth like the ms3 flange the o-ring may be obstructing proper seal again the forge and its small o-ring

thats just my thinking. currently looking for a stock ms3 cold pipe to cut the flange from and weld onto my pipe

bumping back up. I have since long ago found the issue that the valve is opening at idle. I rev it up a bit with the recirc hose off and can hear and feel air coming out when its doing the jumpy idle. Also as another test, took off the vacuum line from the top of the valve, revved it and idled back down just fine

makes me wonder if this is specific for ms3 vacuum system, but Ive never heard of 'intricate' vacuum systems

Back