squeaky rear of car

APiC

:
2003.5 MSP
i know that the front suspension is extremely squeaky when it gets really cold out, but recently as the weather has been getting warmer i have noticed a new squeak coming from my car, only this time its from the rear of the car. anyone else have this sound and know how to get rid of it?

i actually just got my car back from the dealer, they did that under warranty, but the sound is still there.

i stick with rear sway bar bushings too honestly. mine are so bad i can hear it with the engine off, parked, just getting in or out of my car.

peajay said:
i stick with rear sway bar bushings too honestly. mine are so bad i can hear it with the engine off, parked, just getting in or out of my car.
Yeah mine where the same way. I took my car to the dealer two times to get it fixed, the second time they got it right but yeah it's the bushings. Swap them s**** out.

Don't bother replacing the oem bushings with another set of oem bushings. They wear out prematurely due to their placement/location on the swaybar. I bought a set of urethane bushings (20mm) from AWR.

I used to get those horrible squeaking sounds getting out of my car which have now stopped since I used the urethane bushings. I need to lube my bushings now, but it a great deal quieter than the oem ones.

I never bothered with the dealer and changed them myself since I knew the source of the squeaking.

jester1x said:
Don't bother replacing the oem bushings with another set of oem bushings. They wear out prematurely due to their placement/location on the swaybar. I bought a set of urethane bushings (20mm) from AWR.

I used to get those horrible squeaking sounds getting out of my car which have now stopped since I used the urethane bushings. I need to lube my bushings now, but it a great deal quieter than the oem ones.

I never bothered with the dealer and changed them myself since I knew the source of the squeaking.

you lube them with what?

i did mine with all weather castrol grease and i don't hear it anymore..

i am going to try to spray wd-40 and see how that works...where am i supposed to spray? when i get under my car i cant seem to reproduce the squeak sound no matter what i do.

Just letting you know, I went and replaced my bushings today with a set from AWR. First time doing it, so time was about 1 hour, and drove the car for about 30-40miles today so far and the squeak is gone, even went over a couple of speed bumbs, no squeak, which is a relief, very easy job to do.

time: aprx. 1hr

difficulty: so easy, a caveman could do it

Just my input on the AWR cheap fix.

the grease you should use is white lithim grease..best grease to use in my opionion.. any auto store has it..

Back