spotted: yellow mp3 and titanium msp in Torrington

whitemp5seattle

Contributor
:
carbon grey 2005 SP23 sedan
Saw a yellow mp3 and a titanium msp in Torrington last week...

The yellow mp3 was driving behind me (white p5 with JDM taillights) on Main street...

The titanium msp was pulling out of the car wash near the Big Y (I always forget the name of that road...Winsted or something?)

Not sure if they're on the forums or not...hmmmm (dunno)

Oh my goodness!!! I saw the titanum MSP coming out of the Big Y Parkade the other day too.

Have you seen the blue P5 yet around town? That guy has performance parts galore on his car!! I see him all the time but he doesn't look very personable. He looks like he's in his 30's and is rather, what's a polite way to say this? "big boned?"

Funny, I drive around alot but I never see you...

RacerChick said:
Oh my goodness!!! I saw the titanum MSP coming out of the Big Y Parkade the other day too.

Have you seen the blue P5 yet around town? That guy has performance parts galore on his car!! I see him all the time but he doesn't look very personable. He looks like he's in his 30's and is rather, what's a polite way to say this? "big boned?"

Funny, I drive around alot but I never see you...

I haven't seen a blue p5...I've seen a blue 6 with some exterior mods parked at a house across the street from the Mobil station on East Main though...lots of big chrome accents though (barf)

I don't drive around Torrington a whole bunch...you'll often find my car parked in front of the TJ Maxx though lol...gotta love the TJ Maxx...so much cute stuff for my apartment!

whitemp5seattle said:
I don't drive around Torrington a whole bunch...you'll often find my car parked in front of the TJ Maxx though lol...gotta love the TJ Maxx...so much cute stuff for my apartment!

TJ Maxx in the downtown plaza, wait the downtown plaza itself is pure nastiness in my opinion. The only good thing there is the Ninety-Nine resturaunt which I have yet to try (but am hearing good things).

I do most of my shopping in Simsbury. Lots of nice stores there--Bed, Bath and Beyond, Pier One Imports, (a decent ->) Marshalls, Old Navy..etc.. You should check it out sometime if you haven't already. (thumb)

I heard the 99 sucked lol...I guess it's like a TGIFriday's or something...

I like Simsbury too...but the TJ Maxx has tons of great stuff for cheap (apartment stuff at least...I'd rather go naked than wear clothes I find at TJ Maxx)

RacerChick said:
TJ Maxx in the downtown plaza, wait the downtown plaza itself is pure nastiness in my opinion. The only good thing there is the Ninety-Nine resturaunt which I have yet to try (but am hearing good things).

I do most of my shopping in Simsbury. Lots of nice stores there--Bed, Bath and Beyond, Pier One Imports, (a decent ->) Marshalls, Old Navy..etc.. You should check it out sometime if you haven't already. (thumb)

woot... I'm moving down the street from all those shopping centers in simsbury.

How well does the Mazda Protege handle the snow? I was going to take my car out today but the roads look awful (esp. near my house).

I took it out a few days ago when we got 2 or 3 inches and it handled like complete crap. Maybe I need new tires. I don't think Toyo Proxies were meant for the snow (even though they're supposedly "all season"). (dunno)

Last edited:
when i had my dunlops on i would lose a little control but then again they were almost bald, when i had my racing harts it wasn't that bad, though i look to avoid driving in snow

ok my car sucked today :(

the dunlops are bad in wet weather already, but damn I had to have some workmates push my car a few times...and I almost didn't get up my driveway at my apartment...that's sad...(although there was like, 8" of snow, so I suppose a lot of cars would have had problems...)

I have a huge amount of appreciation for the Torrington Department of Transportation and the lovely men they send out to clear the streets! Right after my brother cleared the end of the driveway, they came down the street and threw a huge boulder of snow (larger than I am) right smack dab in the middle of the driveway. Thanks guys! (headshake

WhiteMP5Seattle: You're so lucky you live off Main Street. You are one of the first ones to get cleared. I bet you'll never have this problem... be grateful!

slug420 said:
the CT section has never seen so much action as this thread!

Hey Chris,

What ever happened with LRP? I've tried talking to them about what happened but it's like.. (deadhorse

Last edited:
nothing...i never went to small claims court......yet.....

last communicae was on Oct 6:

Dear Chris,

From my perspective, our conversation about this matter is over. Im sorry that you are unhappy with the tracks parking policy, but thats what it is. There are plenty of other places that youve parked your car(s) over the years and whether you realized it or not, it was at your own risk, just as it was here.

If you believe that you can harass me and my staff with an outpouring of e-mails, you are mistaken. You should be aware that Im having your e-mail address blocked from our system. Any further communication should be in writing and to our street address:

497 Lime Rock Rd.

Lakeville, CT 06039

Sincerely yours,

Steve Potter

Vice President and General Manager

Lime Rock Park

Back