Sport Compact Car Dynoed Mazdaspeed Mazdaspeed3!!

neit_jnf

Michirican
:
93 Blk/Red RX-7
264 whp and 302 wtq!

haven't seen it posted so here goes (huge scans)...

Attachments

• Project1.jpg
    Project1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 330
  • Project2.jpg
    Project2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 346
neit_jnf said:
264 whp and 302 wtq!

haven't seen it posted so here goes (huge scans)...

I hate to say this....but there is something wrong with the data in the article. Look at the plot. The numbers do not agree with the claims in the summary boxes. I "think" what may have happened is that the plots are FWHP, while the summarized numbers (302 ft-lb, 264 hp) may have been "corrected" (by some unknown mechanism) back to the crank. (uhm)

Had to laugh at the one line where they said it's fun to change gears just for the hell of it...
(mswerd) (drive2)

RogRacer said:
I hate to say this....but there is something wrong with the data in the article. Look at the plot. The numbers do not agree with the claims in the summary boxes. I "think" what may have happened is that the plots are FWHP, while the summarized numbers (302 ft-lb, 264 hp) may have been "corrected" (by some unknown mechanism) back to the crank. (uhm)

Weird, I just noticed! Either they screwed up the scale or just used a conversion factor? I just lost respect for the magazine! :(

Good read, well written! Before you guys go off the deep end and hang them, why not email SCC and ask for an explanation of why their numbers are wonky?

I do a bit of journalism on the side and would rather someone send an email asking what gives than blasting me on some forum on the internet. ;)

The scale on the side is off by 25.

They should have started at 50 and ended at 325. If you replace the numbers along the side accordingly, it makes sense (RPM vs. Reported HP)

I keep hearing comments about a dull exhaust note. Is it really that bad? What is it comprable to?

Subarus Boxer 4 Drone? Anything?

Latest posts

Back